Need help with Mitsubishi VFD

I'm in UK and have just purchased a (second hand) Mitsubishi E500 VFD (specifically the E520S) from eBay. I've wired it up to a 220v single phase supply and am controlling it via an external switch and a 1K pot. It appears to work OK but I'm having a problem with getting it to go above 50Hz. The pot will control it anywhere from 0 to 50Hz, but no more. I'm sure its a parameter setting but I can't find it. I've set P1 (max freq) to 120 and P2 (min freq) to zero. All other parms are unchanged from the settings as I received it. All those referring to frequency are set to 50, but none of them seem to refer to a max allowed frequency. For completeness, I've noted all the parameters that are changed from their factory settings and placed them in a PDF at

from P1 and P2, the only real changes are from the factory setting of 60Hz to 50. Can anyone help please?

Reply to
lemel_man

I'm pretty sure you need to change parameters 902 and 903 (frequency setting bias and gain) to match the desired frequency range.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Thanks Ned, It didn't work, but it got me thinking about other possible tie-ups. I first tried P20, but no joy, so then I tried P38 (Frequency at 5V input) and that did it. Incidentally, it didn't allow me to change P903 - it seemed to accept the new value at first, but then went into a weird sequence of number displays varying something like 14.3 27.4 14.3 etc before finally giving an error. Its working fine now.

Reply to
lemel_man