need nut and bolt supplier

I used a lot of nuts and bolts of various grades, and my local source is very expensive. I would like to purchase this hardware by the pound, is there an internet site where this hardwre can be purchased in quntity at a reduced price?

Reply to
red

If you have a Tractor Supply store nearby they might be an option. The cheap stuff is usually $1.19/lb if I remember correctly but I've seen it on sale for as little as $0.88/lb. I think grade 5 is $1.29/lb and grade 8 is $1.69 but I haven't bought any in a while and may be wrong on those two.

Keith Marshall

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Those would go into my Coitus Interruptus (Unfinished Screws) collection.

When I need screws, I usually go to MSC and buy a complete box of whatever size -- If I have them, I'll design around them in future projects, so they *will* get used -- and a full box (100 or perhaps a gross for the smaller screws) tends to cost not much more than a blister-pack of ten or so screws in the hardware stores -- *and* you get better screws overall.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

has grade 5 bolts at $1.09/# for sizes like 1/4" and 7/8" (but $1.49/# for 1" up)

However, shipping could add 50-75% to the cost. If you are in western MN or eastern ND or SD, see their list of stores,

. Occasionally they have $0.99/# sales.

-jiw

Reply to
James Waldby