Looking for discount source for stove bolts

I need to buy a box of 1/4 x 3 RH stove bolts for school. Can someone suggest a source that sells discount hardware? Thanks, Ron

Reply to
rjv494

Can't help directly as I'm in UK, but what are 'stove bolts'? Just curious.

Reply to
John

Reply to
E. Walter Le Roy

By definition a stove bolt is a machine screw with a square nut on it. McMaster-Carr has these and for less then $5.00/box (educated guess) so don't spend to long shopping for them. Leigh at MarMachine

Reply to
CATRUCKMAN

Tractor Supply has them. I believe that Rural King also has them. They carry LOT'S of hardware in bins. You pay by the pound. Bolts, nuts, washers, in grades 2,5 and 8 plus stainless and heavy galvanized.

TSC Prices are $1.58 Lb.- Grade 2, $2.48 Lb.- Grade 5, $3.88 Lb.- Grade 8 These are Hillman produced. You can mix/match as long as you keep the grades separate. I never leave the store without a few pounds of various hardware to restock my wall bins. Just make sure you use the proper bags for each grade, they are color coded on the tags.

For a local store -

Steve W.

On 6 May 2006 12:17:58 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "John" quickly quoth:

Stove bolt:

as opposed to a carriage bolt:
--- Is it time for your medication or mine?
Custom Website Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Where you at? I've got a 5 gallon pail of 5/8-16x4 bolts, if you're near Wisconsin a case of beer will do it.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Blink.

5/8"-16"??

Do you mean 3/8"-16"?

5/8"-18 is non-standard, and a lot larger than his requirement.

Damned good deal, regardless of description, assuming one has a need.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Heh! I can't help but think I meant to say 5/8-16, not 18.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Good lord. Did I write that?

Indeed I do.

It's just taking up room in the shop at this point. If I had a need for 'em, sure, but more than a handful is wasted. It was an auction thing, I wanted what they sold them with.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Chuckle!

Damned straight!! Looks like we all get a shot at being brain dead for a moment. I was thinking it was just me.

I bought the furnace portion of my 50 kw induction furnace that way. Somehow, it got separated from the power supply, which was sold at auction at least two years earlier. If you haven't figured this out yet, is was a government auction, state level. No matter. They're just as screwed up as the feds.

The guy that got the furnace was after a man lift that was in the mixed lot of items. . I was going to bid---and no sooner started to raise my hand and it (the lot of mixed goods) was gone. It is one case of feeling very strongly that the auctioneer had something going with the bidder. The entire lot went for $125, which I offered to the * successful* bidder for the furnace, after the auction. It took a couple weeks to conclude the deal. All it did is make the buyer suspicious, so he looked around to see how much he could get for the furnace, which, luckily for me, was nothing. Without a power supply, what good is it? Long story short, after the two pieces being separated for a couple years, they are now housed under a common roof. Auctions can be a good thing.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos