New Beyond Belief Crapsman 'Ad's'

What are they thinking? Amazing... I'm considering rounding up all their stuff I own and outright dumping it... just to be disassociated of the brand.

I hope this campaign 'blows over' quickly... I dread friends/family asking if I use their products.

Drill

Sockets
Shop Vac
Hammers
Radios
Tool Box
Erik

Reply to
Erik

Sears must have discovered a new target group for its products: people who don=92t care about how they look, where they live, or how they treat their belongings. I wonder how much disposable income they have and how much Sears=92 tool sales will increase? Maybe Sears doesn=92t care about that either.

Reply to
Denis G.

I'm not going to waste time looking at ads, but if you are going to dump all your tools to be disassociated with the brand, ship all the hand tools here, especially if they are old enough to be not made in China. Then maybe you can replace them with new Snap-ons at 10X the price that are made in China, I don't really care. Perhaps you watch a little bit too much TV...when you should be using tools.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

I thought that all Snap-Ons are made in USA?

Ignoramus19261

There has been discussion lately that some items are no longer stamped that way on the tool - which surely means they soon won't be, if they even still are. But the price won't come down, you can bet on that.

Sure they claim this stuff is only for asia-pacific market - do you remotely believe it will stay that way?

Seems they have been at it for a couple of years:

from the above link (April, 2008)

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Erik flatters himself. Doubtful he has any friend/family sohisticated enough to ask, one way or the other.

I hope this campaign 'blows over' quickly... I dread friends/family asking if I use their products.

Drill

Sockets
Shop Vac
Hammers
Radios
Tool Box
Erik

Reply to
Robert Swinney

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:14:24 -0800, the infamous Erik scrawled the following:

DO IT!

Hell, they've been this type of class act since the late Seventies...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Okay, verified able to be shipped by UPS. How long does it last drilling 1/2" D holes in steel?

Wes

Wes