New Encoder - Requires New Cover - Ideas

I need to replace a cover that looks like this...
http://www.yumabassman.com/encodercover/Encoder%20Cover.jpg
... with a cover more like this ...
http://www.yumabassman.com/encodercover/New%20Cover.jpg
, because the new encoder takes up more room.
I could make it out of fiberglass (messy), cut it out of a solid block of acetal or aluminum (expensive), or fold a hack job out of sheet (sharp edges and not pretty), but I am hoping somebody will suggest a simpler more elegant solution.
Here is the application:
http://www.yumabassman.com/encodercover/2013-01-13_19-47-39_861.jpg
I would like to funnel any coolant away from it, and protect it from being bumped into there on the front of the machine.
On Monday, January 14, 2013 11:57:23 AM UTC-8, Bob La Londe wrote:

com/encodercover/Encoder%20Cover.jpg ... with a cover more like this ... ht tp://www.yumabassman.com/encodercover/New%20Cover.jpg , because the new enc oder takes up more room. I could make it out of fiberglass (messy), cut it out of a solid block of acetal or aluminum (expensive), or fold a hack job out of sheet (sharp edges and not pretty), but I am hoping somebody will su ggest a simpler more elegant solution. Here is the application: http://www. yumabassman.com/encodercover/2013-01-13_19-47-39_861.jpg I would like to fu nnel any coolant away from it, and protect it from being bumped into there on the front of the machine.
Cut the orignal in half. Then attach a section of Al channel to the open half

The original feels like fiberglass with a high percentage of resin to glass.
I am actually thinking about vacuum forming a cover at this point. Still mulling it over.

Scrounge a disposable "kidney bowl" from your local hospital.
--

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
On 1/14/2013 14:57, Bob La Londe wrote:

Depends on rigidity required. Go to the store and look at tupperware style stuff. May find one that's hackable without being ugly.
--
Steve Walker
snipped-for-privacy@frontierbrain.com (remove brain when replying)
On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:57:23 -0700, Bob La Londe wrote:

Given that your new cover is open to the bottom, why not just whack a hole in the bottom of your old cover? If that's not enough, then pop rivet some sheet aluminum to the old cover to extend it.
Or, do you want it to look purdy?
--
Tim Wescott

Tuna can and silicone calk