New nom de plume for an oft contributor

I was hit with over 10,000 e-mails in 12 hours so I have withdrawn my real information. I'm sure some with language skills will figure it out instantly. I almost feel bad about it but it shows to go what some people will do if they are in disagreement.

In the mean time, I'm looking for a source of stainless steel sheet. 12 ga x

2" x 36" I need about 100 lbs. Any ideas? I wonder if Gunner might have some in the lower 40. I need to quote on 1,000 4" mini-grinder knot brushes that are all stainless parts to go into some kind of food service.

Thanks, Buerste

Reply to
buerste

It's no big deal. When communicating in public, the idea of using a handle is old as the hills. Only politicians and spammers want every stranger in the world know their real name/information/whatever.

Reply to
John Doe

rollerblades.http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423

Buerste... Appropriate name!

Hope you will survive the financial tsunami that's brewing; I wish the same for all thoughtful contributors to RCM.

Wolfgang

Reply to
wfhabicher

Have you checked with Tom Gardner at Ohio Brush? They may be an off the shelf item

Ill be at my favorite surplus place tommorow, Ill check for SS

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Gotcha! (but it was 4 am)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I will do that, I KNOW he's a wonderful guy, generous to a fault, makes good products...but, he's not very bright!

Reply to
buerste

Think kimchi :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:09:33 -0700, the infamous Gunner scrawled the following:

These are the folks that Obama himself trained, right?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Organized. He was a Com-munity Organ-izer.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ayup. Shades of the Daley Machine.

Reply to
Gunner

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 20:11:21 -0700, the infamous Gunner scrawled the following:

Gee, he came from Chicago, too, didn't he? Hmm, Michelle used to work for Daley, didn't she? I guess Ed's speech (about mere associations with people being totally innocent) wasn't so savvy after all, huh?

has some fun ones.

"If I ever run for president, my association with you is going to haunt me."

McCain 1908

Paris/Rihanna 08

I make over 4 figures a year!

FREE TIBET* *With purchase of another Tibet of equal or greater value.

Canada: America's Hat

Mexico: America's Beard

But NOBAMA is my favorite.

-- Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness. -- George Sand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hey, that ain't the half of it. Obama walks on his hind legs. LARRY WALKS ON HIS HIND LEGS! Obama speaks English when he thinks no one is listening. LARRY SPEAKS ENGLISH WHEN HE THINKS NO ONE IS LISTENING! Obama once visited Oregon. LARRY LIVES IN OREGON!

There's no doubt about it: Larry is the one who put snakes in McCain's head.

Get those demons out, Larry. Just don't let your head spin around on your neck. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You have brushed up against a left wing loon.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Maybe. Tom trools a couple of political news groups thinking he's being funny.

The other possibility is that he got hit the same way I did when SBC migrated their web hosting group to new hardware and software. All of my old settings were wiped out and it took a couple of days to configure the new control panel.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I never bothered to check his headers but if he is smart, just replying to the group you read it in is the way to go.

Now if we were all smart, we would just give up changing minds set like concrete ;)

Still thousands a day is pretty wild, I've exposed a number of email addresses to usenet and my spam count is < 100 a day for the combination.

Btw, I hope any retirement plans you may have had hasn't been changed by the current mess.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

SBC had a real hiccup for a couple of days recently but ya', I don't get much SPAM either. It's not a bad idea for Tom to use a nym. Sometimes things get heated here or there and you wouldn't want a competitor putting an outlandish statement you'd made in the heat of the moment in front of a prospective customer. You might lose a sale or something. Your meat space reputation might even take a hit.

Sort of. This kind of opportunity hasn't been around in my lifetime. I've been largely liquid for nearly five years and 100 percent for two. I'm old, near death possibly, but I'm not going to miss out on this one and a bunch that I have known for years have put a fund together. I ordered CRAB's Friday for Monday delivery. First class equities trading at multiples of 3 and 5 times earnings means this is a great time to be buying. We may not be at the absolute bottom but sitting around waiting for that is a fools game.

I'll bet there will be a thousand point gain sometime in the very near future and I'll have a pretty big wad in when that happens. There is always the possibility that I'll end up eating beans in Costa Rica ad I'll be continuing to make stuff for a living. LOL Rocket engines are fun so I can't complain.

Remember this Wes. A lot of people have bet against America. So far they have all lost. I think we've got on last hurrah at least and it would be a real shame to miss it.

That isn't to say there won't be real turbulence. There certainly will be that, we'll have a spike to double digit unemployment by March but a year from now things will setle down and unemployment will then be trending down, Everyone will we'll all have learned an expensive lesson.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:07:24 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress" scrawled the following:

Hmm, mafioso hoodlums live in NJ. Ed lives in NJ. Superfund Sites are in NJ. Ed lives in NJ.

There's no doubt about it. Ed is a toxic mafia man. No _wonder_ he wants to vote for an Obamanation. At this stage, it's way beyond mere "guilt by association". (Obama, not Ed.)

Ed, if you want to believe that he's still pure after all these "coincidences" about Obama being linked to and actually teaching dozens of known 'bad guys', go ahead. Just don't ask us to buy it. We don't and we won't.

See you at the other end of the ballot.

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Absolutely! And my great-great uncle was Secretary of War, had a destroyer named after him (USS John W. Weeks), was a Senator, and a Congressman. So I'm really planted here by both houses of Congress and the administration to twist your mind into knots.

You've got the idea, Larry. Guilt by association is a gift that never stops giving.

Hardly anyone alive is "pure." I'm not looking for purity. But anyone who calls Acorn "bad guys" doesn't know what he's talking about. And I don't expect you to "buy" any of it, Larry. You're basically out of the loop of self-governance and politics. That's by your own decision and it's certainly your right.

But don't try to tell us that you know what you're talking about here. All you're doing is repeating a bunch of conspiracy stories cooked up by some of the slimier elements of McCain's campaign committee. I'll bet you didn't even know who Bill Ayers was until the past few weeks, right? And if you're going to suggest I didn't, I'll fill you in by e-mail. There's no way that Bill Ayers is up to "influencing" a guy of Obama's makeup. If anything, it would be the other way around.

Oh, you found a ballot with a place to vote for NOTA? d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

There is a risk of being openly political when running a biz. I was helping my master electrician brother device out a house he was working on yesterday, brother ruptured his Achilles tendon and is a one man operation. One of the other contractors made a political comment and I had to check with my brother to make sure it was okay to comment. My brother is very conservative but often works for liberals. One doesn't disrespect a customer.

Well, I hope you are not near death. Rush Limbaughs dad made it to 104 years. I have an uncle that flew bombers in WWII and is still kicking and a recently deceased cousin that drank like a fish and died in his late 80's.

Well if you enjoy what you are doing, who cares about retirement. I've had times where work was work and when work was fun. Sounds like work is still fun for you.

I wish I could put extra money into the market but I have enough to last about 8 months without a job and I was there once. I'll keep putting my weekly 401K elections in, those investments will have a decent rate of return over time.

I wonder when we might have that last hurrah myself. I don't think we are there yet. I'm not selling a thing, 9/11 was near as bad but I'm sure this will be worse. I have a 11+ year horizon to recover in so I can take a longer view. This has to hurt for those that were ready to retire.

I'm in Michigan, so close to double digit already, I'm surprised my house hasn't been broken into.

We don't seem to learn. The market will eventually deal with any distortions introduced. When it does, it gets to be brutal.

Oh well, signing off for the night.

Wes

Wes

Only in your imagination, Larry. If you want to see a really disgusting relationship, look at McCain and his old friend, Henry Kissinger. Kissinger had to slip out of the Ritz Hotel in Paris a few years ago to avoid questioning by a French court for war crimes. That old coot can RUN!

Ed's political compass: Economic Left/Right -0.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

That makes me sort of an economically middle-of-the-road version of the Dalai Lama. So much for that, eh? And your libertarian credentials just went out the window.

I don't buy that grid. It would have to distinguish between democratically-elected authority and authority in general: voluntary acceptance of authority versus imposed authority. If it did that, I'd probably come out close to the center of the crosshairs. As it is, the vertical scale seems to measure social conservatism (up) versus social liberalism (down).

You're just too much of an authoritarian for my tastes.

Stock up on beer for election night. It's looking like you'll need it.

An excellent metaphor! You can't read it and it gets your hands dirty for nothing. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress