New Type of Loctite

I received a free, unsolicited sample of 248 (blue-medium strength) Loctite several days ago. Rather than a tube that leaks all over the tool box, and stinks it up, this stuff in in a tube with a screw out knob, kinda like Chapstick or a lipstick.

Rather than a liquid, this is more of a gel with viscosity somewhere between chapstick and wheel bearing grease.

The sample I received is probably a liftime's supply for me. I have all kinds of different grades of Loctite. Most of the tubes have leaked over the years and made a mess in the tool storage trays in my shop.

Seems like a pretty neat idea to me. Anybody have experience with this?

Mike Eberlein

Reply to
mikee

With bottles of locktite, gooping up all over the place?

Plenty!

I think I'd like to try some of this new stick-form stuff.

Jim

jim rozen

That reminds me of the trip I took to ITC in Washington DC one year.

Booth manager - for Automated Test Equipment - semi tester - carried a tool box. Naturally.

I had everything from Velcro to epoxy in there. Had some oil and some super glue.

The latter did me in. The bottle was opened to the trip and was squished. The glue fumed out of the bottle lid - likely squish and drip that vaporized in the hot truck. I got it all over everything - plastic bag, tray and such. A white film of tough plastic. Like it mold.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to
Ron Coffey

I might have some of that leaky Loctite in my toolbox, but I can't get the lid open.

Reply to
Hitch