What's my bench machines worth?

I'm considering selling or auctioning these machines if I can get enough to persuade me to part with them.

Shape-Rite 8" shaper in good working condition. Has shaper vise, feed works, built much heavier than the small atlas shaper.

Craftsman 6X18 Metal lathe with tooling. Has 4-jaw, junk 3-jaw, steady rest, tailstock chuck, dead center, live center, block tool post, lantern tool post, most of 2 sets of change gears. Not much wear, index holes in gear are still in good shape.

Big & Heavy old Horizontal mill (Kempsmith) with Bridgeport vertical head mounted on the overarm. Has a 12 X 50 table with hardly any cuts, except for the T-Slots! :-) The Bridgeport head is the step pulley version with relatively new (estimate under 25 hours use) spindle bearings. I bought this with bad spindle bearings and replaced bearings & clock spring. The estimated weight is ~4500lbs, has 7-1/2hp motor on the horizontal. B&S taper (10 or 11?), power feed on X & Z axis, gear on Y is missing. If you don't want to use the horizontal spindle or power feed, you can wire the

7-1/2hp motor to use as a rotary phase converter for the Bridgeport head. How about that, a mill with a built in rotary phase converter :-) !!!

I live in Southern Illinois, not far from I57 & I64, 20 miles north of Carbondale on Hwy 51, DuQuoin to be more exact.

Thanks!

Reply to
RogerN

I am interested in the shaper you may have for sale. Any ideas on what you need to get out of it? I live in Tennessee, and would work out something to get it down here. I have been looking for a good shaper for a while. Please contact me in regards. Thanks, Mark Head snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
MOHEAD1