Nice Metal and Concrete Construction Project

Check out this beautiful sidewalk project.

Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

Love the cracks and holes in the concrete, I wonder how rusty the steel in under there.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

At least two somebodies are NUTS.To walk on that disaster waiting to happen. ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

On the bright side, as long as you don't congregate the live load is small compared to the dead load.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

----- Original Message ----- From: Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:05 AM Subject: Nice Metal and Concrete Construction Project

OHHH! oh my god that's too funny/scary! incredible video. thanks.

b.w.

(nice scenery though huh?!) (my balls were tingling when he came upon those big holes) (those mountain climber guys are nucking futs huh? the one guy climbing BENEATH the concrete, oy!) (just imagine the guys who BUILT it! oy! looks like light gauge railroad rails. just carrying them would be enough let along laying them down on the original open framework. oy.) (there was a road "culvert"/bridge near here on a state road. years ago i went under it to see what it looked like and was kinda shocked to see in the

1800's they used recycled light gauge railroad rails. it had to be at least a 20' span. they just laid a bunch of railroad rails across the span, put flat slabs of slate over it and then over the years successive layers of asphalt paving. i couldn't believe there were heavy trucks driving over that RUSTY old thing daily. they replaced it a few years ago.)
Reply to
William Wixon

Yep. Made me queasy just watching the video

Reply to
Rex

I was going to reach for the Dramamine.

Did anyone notice if there was *any* kind of reinforcement in that concrete, something that would handle the tensile loads between the steel beams? Whatever it was, with all the holes in the concrete, it wasn't spaced closely enough to do anything. It looked like the concrete's tensile strength (which approaches zero) was all that stood between someone walking over it and disaster.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Looks like something out of Lord of the Rings.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Anyone have any idea where that is? Incredible!

Reply to
Al A.

AND ... the cameraman was filming and walking at the same time! Sometimes the camera was just on and not being operated, but other times it clearly was being operated. Had I been there every cell of me would have been concentrated on that walk and on my next step.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I think I would be straddling the iron with my feet, at least until I woke up out of this bad dream.

Wes

Wes

Yup. I'd be damned sure to keep my feet off that concrete.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The couple is speaking German, but the climbers I think could be hispanic. My guess is that this is either in Mexico, or Central or South America. That is just a guess...I don't know for sure. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 21:51:31 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Al A." quickly quoth:

German sightseers in Spain or Portugal would be my guess.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Want even more fun. Try going to work here.!!!!

Steve W.

I emailed the link to the local radio show mornings guys, both are big guys, maybe 700 pounds between the two of them.

Hey Randy,

Believe it or not, I've been there. I think that is The King's Walk in Spain.

If that is it, it's as scary as it looks.

Thanks,

Keith

-----Original Message----- From: Randy [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@enter.net] Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:33 AM To: Studio, WZZO Subject: You've got to see this

Would you walk on this? would it hold the two of you?

I love the cracks and holes through the concrete.

Thank You, Randy

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:08:37 -0700 (PDT), with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com quickly quoth:

Wouldn't that be a fun stroll on a rainy day? That's a beautiful area.

-- Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -- Albert Einstein

Reply to
Larry Jaques