Non medical questions during medical exams

:)

Reply to
Richard

It is getting ridiculous. A friend of mine said they asked him if he had any guns in his house. He refused, and said he was there for medical reasons, not political ones.

Now, when I go to the doctor, the first thing they ask is "Are you in a relationship where anyone is abusing you?"

I have watched several you tube videos that people take of traffic stops, and in them are specific instructions as to just what it is you have to do regarding providing your license, rolling down the window, getting out of the car, etc. It seems that there is a lot you DON'T have to do, and lots of things LEOs do that are questionable. It seems people's rights are being violated by them not being advised that they do have a choice when being asked to do some of the things they are asked to do.

I don't speed. I have a damn fine driving record, driving 50+ years now. I am getting a little aggravated with this new school uber policeman with twelve pounds of gear, including a $450 flashlight. Bald heads, $300 sunglasses, looking just a bit intimidating, rather than the friendly "serve and protect" image, or even good old Barney Fife. They want you to be ultra respective with them, yet I have seen cases where they treat people like dirt in a third world country. There has been a lot of officers lose their jobs, and a lot of video taken of LEOs acting shall we say inappropriately, and in some cases, criminally treating people.

I know it's a tough job, and I couldn't do it. But it's just getting a little scary with what all the "government" and the police are asking us to provide to them in relatively peaceful non-threatening situations.

What should I say if I am asked the gun question? If I am silent, then am I put into the Group W folder with mother stabbers and father rapers? What the hell does owning a gun have to do with anything?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

To anyone asking this kind of question, I simply answer, yes I have a lot of guns, and so should you doctor, they are fun.

Ignoramus8923

All part of Obozo care. They ask you about guns, note that in your file. Then if you are prescribed ANY type of psychotic drugs they can turn you in as a danger to others.

I simply refuse to answer any of that crap.

Reply to
Steve W.

Maybe the doc had an interest in guns, maybe he was concerned about your pals mental health.

Reply to
Kennedy

Ask them, Do I need to own a gun to get proper treatment?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

SteveB wrote in news:ll12g7$v4j$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

The last time they asked that, I said "Of Course!" My wife, my daughter and I are all active target shooters, and I coach, gunsmith, and teach pistol shooting.

I think the next question was "Do you feel safe at home?". I said "Extremely!"

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

When I got my finger in the grinder, the admitting nurse asked me if there was any domestic violence at my home. I said, "No. But sometimes I think about drop kicking the wife's cat."

The nurse complained that she keeps getting things like that about the cat.

Reply to
clark