Ceramic stems to work in place of 3/8L washers Where?

The shower and tub Price Pfister three handle valve that is 'old' and it seems that washers and seats never last more than a few months with Home Depot or Ace parts.

3/8L flat washers (11/16 OD") is what is used.

One apparent expert (old post) knew about the problem and that a plumbing supply store would have the part. In short - I have been unable to find anything like the ceramic stem anything. That includes any other way to resolve the problem.

This is for a rental - and just learned that to replace everything with modern cartridge type valves would involve removing kitchen cabinets with ceramic tiles and backsplash - that job would take two weeks an $$$.

On Amazon I found Danco with a complete replacement kit - with all new stems, handles and chrome trim parts for $40. The reviews suggested that the stems were too long and that screws for handles would not stay tight. No doubt the same old 3/8L compression part.

To replace a seat and washer takes me less than 15 minutes - but I would rather have something that would last a normal few years.

Any suggestions for washers and seats that will last?

Thanks, Mic

Reply to
Mikie