Normal position of ram on a Jet mill

I'm looking at the JVM-836 and JTM-1 mills from Jet and trying to figure out which I can fit. Obviously the 836 is the smaller of the two. The JTM will be either a go or no-go based on where that ram is positioned. I'm looking at a drawing from jet that shows a top view of the mill. The base on the JTM-1 is 23.75" wide and 36.25" deep. The overall depth from the very tip of the handle on the handwheel (for the saddle) to the very back of the ram is 63". That assumes the ram is all the way back. My question is, if you put the saddle in the middle of its range, and centered the spindle directly above the table's center, is there any way to estimate about how deep the machine would need to be then?

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff B