Not all DIY projects lead to good results

Just look at the picture

Ignoramus20944

A for effort. F for execution.

Execution if she used acrylic paint

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

As a responder on the site suggested, Ms. Gimenez's version could be a much more realistic portrait than the original. Who knows?

(She probably got the tan right, anyways.)

.. I think the original artist did capture "The Abdication of Christ at the First Feast of the Ascension Pie Fight" rather well.

--St. Winston 10:01

Reply to
Winston

Many, many years ago my aunt bought a nice painting on a bronze easel from an estate. An appraiser said it was special and would be worth more if the easel wasn't broken...part of an ornate casting was broken. Auntie asked me to look at it and possibly repair it. I brazed the casting and carefully "carved" it to the original look then matched the patina (I won't tell how). The appraiser was floored! Since then he has had me do a job for him every couple of years saying I was one of the best restorers he's seen in 50 years. I really enjoy the work and it IS metalworking! I've fantasized about being a full-time art restorer in my retirement.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

"has not ruled out legal action" Typical. The hypocrites don't practice what they preach. Art

Reply to
Artemus