17 years ago
I am a radio restorer hobbyist. Occasionally an old radio need a bezel, the
metal or plastic face around the tuning indicator (see
Some of the more
popular bezels are available as reproductions. Therefore I have some
1) Where in the Pittsburgh area would I find someone to make one of these
2) What is this service called (CNC Machine, Machining, Fabrication, what
would I look for in the yellow pages)?
2) About how much would it cost me* (too much makes restoring the radio not
3) What could I do to reduce costs (supply a Visio, ACAD or simple line
drawing image of the bezel)?.
* A typical bezel is about 12" x 6" x 1/8 - 1/4" and made from plastic,
plasticon, catlin or bakelite (Material is not important. Only the overall
Often a good original is not available. So, making one from a drawing is
one of the few options available.
The example picture is for look and detail. This particular Bezel is
stamped metal and spray painted with automotive GM Gold paint. However it
would not be unimaginable to replace a missing stamped metal bezel with a
Thanks for your time,
paul at ppinyot dot com
P.S. if your in the Pittsburgh, PA area do you give tours to Boy Scouts and
Cub Scouts? Thanks again.