One product that I recommend

I bought a Bryant motor switch a whie ago. It is a 2 pole switch that fits into regular square electric boxes. It is bigger than a light switch and requires a dedicated box with the cover that has a switch lever hole in the middle. It is rated for 5 HP, single phase,

240v. (more at higher voltages) I installed it on my compressor, because I did not like the fact that I used a general duty disconnect to switch it on.

It works great and makes turning the compressor on easier, and turning it off quieter. (the disconnect makes a loud BANG sound and is attached to the wall below our bedroom). It is a very simple product that wires into regular household electrical boxes.

Ignoramus23806

Did you buy that locally, or online; if the latter, where?

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

I bought it on ebay. It was not cheap, about $17.

I checked now and found 3 pole versions also.

Ignoramus23806

Graingers used to carry a similar product also.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

That's nice to know. I am very happy with this switch!!!

Ignoramus24560