ago 2 c

is there a kit of this interesting bird?

I believe that some eastern European country did a resin one in 1/72 scale, can't remember the name. I'm waiting for someone to do one in 1/48 scale, I know that Karaya got some positive feedback on this in a survey on theaerodrome.com forum, hopefully they will do a resin one in the next few years. None are available in injection molded plastic, i think that this would be a great one for Blue Max / Pegasus to do. Looks like a P-38 with 2 wings. Dave

love for roden to do it, but it isn't that well known. it really is a great plane, apparently it was a good recce platform and an excellent flyer. if i see one, or you do, we should post a hu here. deal?
e wrote:

Both Hannants and Roll Models say they have the Joystick vacform kit of this aircraft available.
http://www.hannants.co.uk / http://www.rollmodels.net/index2.htm
Cheers,
What is this bird?

the ago cII was a ww1 ac for reccee. it was unusul in having twin boom. if i can scan my new book without hurting it, i will post a hu here. i have not found a picture on line yet but i am looking. a twin boom biplane is very interesting, no?
e wrote:

There's a photo of this somewhat strange aircraft here;
http://www.earlyaviator.com/archive/images4/AGO_C1.jpg
and here:
http://www.earlyaviator.com/archive/a/images/AGO_BENZ150.jpg
http://www.earlyaviator.com/archive/w/images/AGO_c2_crackup.jpg
Plus, some photos of the built-up Joystick model at:
http://wwi.priswell.com/german/misc/index.htm
Cheers,

good eye, tanks.
Found one! 1/72 scale resin kit. go to: http://www.hobbyshop.cz/inshop/shop.asp?partnerID=im and do a search for AGO C.II A painting of the aircraft and a photo of the resin parts can be seen by clicking on the name. Still can't figure out how much it is in $. Dave

thanks
I know of two kits of the Ago, both 1/72nd one was a vacform sold through Rosemont Hobbies and I can't recall the manufacturer. The other was injection molded by Merlin and is long OOP. I just sold both of these on eBay since the first of the year. Ol' 45 e wrote:

did you get big money?
e wrote:

Probably the usual size, but if it was big money then it might be worth a lot. IIRC, they stopped making big money in the '20s.
ba-da-bum!
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. ;)
Bill
Would you please stop posting stupid comments before I have a chance to do the same!!
"Ba-da-bum!" IIRC is an Italian expresion.
I would have used the Vaudvile expression "Ba-dump-bump".
Tom
" snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" wrote:

You are, of course, completely correct about my errant sound effects. Unfortunately since you're already 3 hours behind me I can't help getting 'there' first.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. :)

i tthought the noble horse blanket solderied on until 1931?
e wrote:

You're the numismatist so you're probably right.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

i'll have to check. i do make mistakes and have actually been wrong.
Not really, $21 for the Merlin kit and $16 for the vacform (now I remember it was a "Formaplane" kit which was about what I paid for them when they were new. Ol' 45
Ol' 45 wrote:

Ah, challenges both! The Formaplane 'might' be easier.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.