50th Anniversary of Revell ??

saw in Great Models pre order section a B-47 kit due out in August for Revell's 50th.

Anyone know if a list exists of what reissues they plan for this celebration????

sounds like a good a time as any to go diving for the 1/32 Raiden molds...

Craig

Reply to
crw59

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote in news:1146249807.710137.286880 @y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Yeah, that would be important, essential, need to know information. i would think.

Frank

Reply to
Grey Ghost

Al Superczynski

Or the elusive N1K1 Midwing George......

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

I seem to recall hearing that the molds for this kit were "lost at sea". Anyone know any thing about this?

And regarding the reissue of the Boeing Pan Am 2707 SST kit, all you modelers have me to thank for that. I was recently toying with the idea of putting this same kit that I bought in 1972, still in its original shrink-wrap, on eBay to sell at an enourmous profit. Let's see... what other ancient kits do I have that I want reissued? ;^)

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

Aahh, the Revell George and the Jack! I have an acquaintance who is a dedicated collector. Anytime I wish to "pull his chain" all I have to do is mention starting one of those kits.

:-) Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

how many rules will I be breaking if I decide to build my Raiden?

Craig

William H. Shuey wrote:

Reply to
crw59

Exactly none. Go for it!

Reply to
Al Superczynski

FWIW You won't be breaking any rules, but you will drive a few "kit collectors" nuts! Go for it!

:-) Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Lol....I did that a few years back. I went to a show in Wichita Kansas and there was a kit of the 1964 Ford Galaxie that was marked "missing engine", had a price of $50 on it. I offered $35 and got it. He said...."It'll make a fine addition to your collection." I said collection?....Hell I'm going to build it! I thought he was going to get the collector police after me....Boy you should have seen his face! Lol I'll take some pics and post them on a.b.m.s. It's nice! Mike G.

Reply to
Mike G.

I think I'd quibble at that scale for the B-47. ISTR it larger than the

1/144th kit I have now.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

It's being listed as 1/113 scale while John Burns' guide lists it as 1/185. I don't know which is correct for sure but I tend to agree with you.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote in news:1146366198.141905.111720 @y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

None whatsoever. That is it's purpose, after all.

RobG (The Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

So here's a question for you...

What percentage of the Airfix TSR2 kits does the group think will actually get built, and what percentage will cherished in a kit collection?

And how many of them have been bought up by speculators, to be resold on Ebay in a year's time? And what sort of prices will be asked?!?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Posted on a.b.m.s. If you want to see them.

Mike G.

Reply to
Mike G.

None I can think of, on the contrary it's a nice kit and made for building

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

And how many were purchased by 'inadvertant' collectors, you know, the guys who always buy more than they can live long enough to build? ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

I'll buy 1/113th. The #1 Revell plane kit in 1/185th scale that I can think of was their old B-36. The B-52 was 1/175th.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

John Burns made a lot of enemies in the world of collectors when he started the "Best Rare Model" award at the Nats many years back. Is it still presented?

I like the award that IPMS Santa Rosa gives every year. It's called the "Sow's Ear" award and it's presented for the best results from a very difficult or impossible kit.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

I think we will see far more TSR2's built...than we did years ago for the highly-desired-and-couldn't-wait-to-be-released Matchbox Victor bomber. To this day, I have *never* seen one built, "in the flesh" (just the rare magazine or internet appearance).

Reply to
Greg Heilers