50th Anniversary of Revell ??

I *am* gonna build it... I *am* gonna build it... I *am* gonna build it... :-D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I built two of those. One as a tanker. The other had a Blue Steel from the Airfix Vulcan kit. I donated 'em to the RAF Honington Historical Society and for a while in the mid-80s they were on display in the Station HQ, even though Victors were never based at Honington. I have another in my Deep Stash.

I *am* gonna build it... I *am* gonna build it... I *am* gonna build it... ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

It's not listed as one of the categories for the '06 convention. I suspect that it never had enough participation to warrant continuing with it.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

OMG! The Revell Jupiter C kit! My Dad built that for me when I was like,

5 or 6 years old. I still have pieces of the launch assembly floating around in my spare parts box. Jeez......

Very cool, the Pan Am SST and the cutaway 747, too.

RLM

Reply to
RLM

Al: John stopped giving this award out years ago. It did not die due to non-participation, though. John told me that he was dropping the award due to the ever increasing challenge of trying to determine if a kit fit the definition of a rare kit or not. He had started this award way back when there were not so many reissues and companies trading molds. It got to the point that even he could not definitely say whether or not a kit was from a reissue, an original kit, or ?

He started this award with the idea that he wanted people to actually build some of these classic kits. He felt that this motivation was no longer needed.

Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Idacavage

A couple of years ago I heard that only about 5% of new books purchased are actually completely read. I would imagine that the figure might be higher for models purchased, but not much higher.

;^)

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

6% here and i have 14 building.

I just put up an auction on ebay for Skyway Model Shop, and there are two TSR-2 kits with the Xtradecal aftermarket 'what if' decals. One kit with decals is a regular 7 day auction while the other has a buy-it-now option.

Sorry I don't have the URL in front of me, but you can search for seller skyway777 and check out what's in there.

--- Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Thanks for the clarification.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I don't think I have any books in my library that haven't been read but then I'm always out of step. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller