IPMS Nationals

How many are going to the IPMS Nationals next week ? Any get together planned or just going the Two Bobs Aviation Graphics Hospitality Party ?

Reply to
engineprep

where is it? not that i could spend a zillion bucks on diesel.

Thanks Dave; I'll skid in there! grins.. (taking a break from a model right now... it'll be done for the nats, but passersby will get a contact high off it...)

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

I'll be there from Wednesday through Saturday.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

We'll be there in the vendor room selling kits. We may be a day late setting up, because we finally have all of the molds and everything done to put our Eagles Talon Gemini/Titan 2 rocket kit back into production, and Dad wants to cast as many rocket engines as possible to take to Nationals for the re-release of this kit. We're discussing now whether it is more important that we be there selling stuff all week, or that we have plenty of rocket kits to sell for the time that we are there.

Chuck (getting ready to head back to the workshop and package up a bunch of Salmson 2A2, Fokker D.XXI, and Bell X-2 kits that will be on special sale this month)

--

Reply to
Chuck

---snippage---

Salmson 2A2? What kit.. Don's Model Works? I'll look for you.

-- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Oops, I guess it would help if I fixed my .sig file so you could see the link to our site...

Chuck (I usually just lurk this group and don't post, since I am not much of a modeler myself; my Dad does all of that, I just make and sell the kits after he builds the molds/masters/etc.)

-- Don's Model Works

See our online catalog with photos and info on:

- all Wings Models kits (including Eagles Talon kits)

- all Wings Models decals (now available individually)

- over 250+ rare and hard-to-find model kits, including foreign and out-of-production kits.

Hot August Sale!

20% Off Selected Kits Thius Month Only!
Reply to
Chuck

These guys do some very nice vac-u-forms. I wish they would devote their talents to more of the "Golden Age" U.S. Navy aircraft in 1/48. Their Vought Corsair (the bi-plane cruiser scout) and Curtiss SOC are really nice efforts.

Bill Shuey satisfied customer.

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Thanks for the endorsement, Bill!

Dad's main work this summer has been getting the Eagles Talon X-1 kits back into production. In the process of working on them he discovered that some dimensions were wrong, so had to rebuild the masters to correct dimensions. They look great now, and I think he is about ready to make molds for them when we get back from Kansas City.

So sometime before the end of August we should be releasing 1/72 scale cast resin kits of the X-1/XS-1, the X-1A/B, and X-1E. He has also done some work on our 1/48 X-1 kits, and our 1/48 X-2 kit, but I'm not sure when those will be ready for production.

The big push in recent weeks, and the reason that the X-1 kits were temporarily set aside, is on getting two of the Eagles Talon rocket kits back into production. When Dad bought Eagles Talon two years ago, we did not receive molds for these kits, and it appeared that we did not even have complete masters for the making of new molds. Then two weeks ago Dad found a complete set of masters in an unlabeled box, so has been making molds and putting together a plansheet for them. Molds were finished yesterday, so today they should be cured and ready for the smoke test and we'll start pouring resin to make some rocket kits to take to Nationals tomorrow.

I'm not sure what he has in mind to work on after he gets all of the X-1, X-2, and rocket kits in shape for me to take over producing and selling them, but I know he has a long list of stuff that customers have requested. Do you have any specific suggestions for Golden Age kits you'd like to see? (When you say "Golden Age", is that the between-the-wars period? Guessing so from your examples.)

Chuck

-- Don's Model Works

See our online catalog with photos and info on:

- all Wings Models kits (including Eagles Talon kits)

- all Wings Models decals (now available individually)

- over 250+ rare and hard-to-find model kits, including foreign and out-of-production kits.

Hot August Sale!

20% Off Selected Kits This Month Only!
Reply to
Chuck

via email.

Looked for you all week Al, were you there ???? May have missed you with all the people there in the Vendor room.

Reply to
engineprep

Yep, I left about noon Saturday. I spent most of my time in the vendor room or out front of the hotel smoking with the other social outcasts... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I mighta passed you by, Al. I was in the vendor room a lot. Also Spectators. Oh well.

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Maybe I should wear a propellor beanie or something equally as distinctive next time... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Well, it also helps to turn your nametag around so the name is visible... ;-)

Chuck

-- Don's Model Works

See our online catalog with photos and info on:

- all Wings Models kits (including Eagles Talon kits)

- all Wings Models decals (now available individually)

- over 250+ rare and hard-to-find model kits, including foreign and out-of-production kits.

Hot August Sale!

20% Off Selected Kits This Month Only!
Reply to
Chuck

Bill, we talked to a guy at Nationals who makes decals just for the Golden Age between-the-wars period that you like (specifically

1930-1942 according to his website). His company is Yellow Wings Decals, and his website is
(I figure you probably already know about him, but just in case...) The examples we saw looked pretty nice - printed by MicroScale.

Chuck

-- Don's Model Works

See our online catalog with photos and info on:

- all Wings Models kits (including Eagles Talon kits)

- all Wings Models decals (now available individually)

- over 250+ rare and hard-to-find model kits, including foreign and out-of-production kits.

Hot August Sale!

20% Off Selected Kits This Month Only!
Reply to
Chuck

you know, I recall one year.. I think 1997.. that we had little stickers for our name tags which meant we frequented one newsgroup or another. You could see those red dots for RMS when in the elevator, or just walking down the hall.. it worked quite well. I don't recall using it much after that year though... we should!

-- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

That too. Damn lanyard... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

A friend of mine did that at the Mallcon where my daughter entered a model car. Her reaction was, "Yes, that 'would' be one of your friends, Dad." ;]

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller