IPMS Nationals

How many are going to the IPMS Nationals next week ? Any get together planned or just going the Two Bobs Aviation Graphics Hospitality Party ?

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

where is it? not that i could spend a zillion bucks on diesel.

Thanks Dave; I'll skid in there! grins.. (taking a break from a model right now... it'll be done for the nats, but passersby will get a contact high off it...)
--- Stephen
On 28 Jul 2006 05:15:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I'll be there from Wednesday through Saturday.

My "From" address is munged - use 'modeleral (at) swbell (dot) net' to respond
Al Superczynski wrote:

Looked for you all week Al, were you there ???? May have missed you with all the people there in the Vendor room.
On 6 Aug 2006 18:58:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Yep, I left about noon Saturday. I spent most of my time in the vendor room or out front of the hotel smoking with the other social outcasts... ;-p

My "From" address is munged - use 'modeleral (at) swbell (dot) net' to respond

I mighta passed you by, Al. I was in the vendor room a lot. Also Spectators. Oh well.
--- Stephen
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 00:54:59 -0700, Stephen Tontoni
Maybe I should wear a propellor beanie or something equally as distinctive next time... ;-p

My "From" address is munged - use 'modeleral (at) swbell (dot) net' to respond
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 07:58:53 GMT, Al Superczynski

Well, it also helps to turn your nametag around so the name is visible... ;-)
Chuck
-- Don's Model Works www.donsmodelworks.com
See our online catalog with photos and info on: - all Wings Models kits (including Eagles Talon kits) - all Wings Models decals (now available individually) - over 250+ rare and hard-to-find model kits, including foreign and out-of-production kits.
Hot August Sale! 20% Off Selected Kits This Month Only!

you know, I recall one year.. I think 1997.. that we had little stickers for our name tags which meant we frequented one newsgroup or another. You could see those red dots for RMS when in the elevator, or just walking down the hall.. it worked quite well. I don't recall using it much after that year though... we should!
-- Stephen
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 09:23:38 -0500, Chuck

That too. Damn lanyard... ;-p

My "From" address is munged - use 'modeleral (at) swbell (dot) net' to respond
Al Superczynski wrote:

A friend of mine did that at the Mallcon where my daughter entered a model car. Her reaction was, "Yes, that 'would' be one of your friends, Dad." ;]
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
On 28 Jul 2006 05:15:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

We'll be there in the vendor room selling kits. We may be a day late setting up, because we finally have all of the molds and everything done to put our Eagles Talon Gemini/Titan 2 rocket kit back into production, and Dad wants to cast as many rocket engines as possible to take to Nationals for the re-release of this kit. We're discussing now whether it is more important that we be there selling stuff all week, or that we have plenty of rocket kits to sell for the time that we are there. <grin>
Chuck (getting ready to head back to the workshop and package up a bunch of Salmson 2A2, Fokker D.XXI, and Bell X-2 kits that will be on special sale this month)
---snippage---

Salmson 2A2? What kit.. Don's Model Works? I'll look for you.
-- Stephen
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:14:49 -0700, Stephen Tontoni wrote:

Oops, I guess it would help if I fixed my .sig file so you could see the link to our site...
Chuck (I usually just lurk this group and don't post, since I am not much of a modeler myself; my Dad does all of that, I just make and sell the kits after he builds the molds/masters/etc.)
-- Don's Model Works www.donsmodelworks.com
See our online catalog with photos and info on: - all Wings Models kits (including Eagles Talon kits) - all Wings Models decals (now available individually) - over 250+ rare and hard-to-find model kits, including foreign and out-of-production kits.
Hot August Sale! 20% Off Selected Kits Thius Month Only!
Chuck wrote:

These guys do some very nice vac-u-forms. I wish they would devote their talents to more of the "Golden Age" U.S. Navy aircraft in 1/48. Their Vought Corsair (the bi-plane cruiser scout) and Curtiss SOC are really nice efforts.
                        Bill Shuey                         satisfied customer.
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 00:04:29 -0400, "William H. Shuey" wrote:

Thanks for the endorsement, Bill!
Dad's main work this summer has been getting the Eagles Talon X-1 kits back into production. In the process of working on them he discovered that some dimensions were wrong, so had to rebuild the masters to correct dimensions. They look great now, and I think he is about ready to make molds for them when we get back from Kansas City.
So sometime before the end of August we should be releasing 1/72 scale cast resin kits of the X-1/XS-1, the X-1A/B, and X-1E. He has also done some work on our 1/48 X-1 kits, and our 1/48 X-2 kit, but I'm not sure when those will be ready for production.
The big push in recent weeks, and the reason that the X-1 kits were temporarily set aside, is on getting two of the Eagles Talon rocket kits back into production. When Dad bought Eagles Talon two years ago, we did not receive molds for these kits, and it appeared that we did not even have complete masters for the making of new molds. Then two weeks ago Dad found a complete set of masters in an unlabeled box, so has been making molds and putting together a plansheet for them. Molds were finished yesterday, so today they should be cured and ready for the smoke test and we'll start pouring resin to make some rocket kits to take to Nationals tomorrow.
I'm not sure what he has in mind to work on after he gets all of the X-1, X-2, and rocket kits in shape for me to take over producing and selling them, but I know he has a long list of stuff that customers have requested. Do you have any specific suggestions for Golden Age kits you'd like to see? (When you say "Golden Age", is that the between-the-wars period? Guessing so from your examples.)
Chuck
-- Don's Model Works www.donsmodelworks.com
See our online catalog with photos and info on: - all Wings Models kits (including Eagles Talon kits) - all Wings Models decals (now available individually) - over 250+ rare and hard-to-find model kits, including foreign and out-of-production kits.
Hot August Sale! 20% Off Selected Kits This Month Only!

Bill, we talked to a guy at Nationals who makes decals just for the Golden Age between-the-wars period that you like (specifically 1930-1942 according to his website). His company is Yellow Wings Decals, and his website is www.yellow-wingsdecals.com. (I figure you probably already know about him, but just in case...) The examples we saw looked pretty nice - printed by MicroScale.