OOOPS!!!

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

I'm guessing maybe the skipper was half in the bag at the time.

Any idea when and where than happened?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

The bridge can clearly be seen lowering in the seconds before impact, so I'm not sure the skipper is at fault (or entirely at fault).

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

No idea. Holland Rd.

But if he wasnt drunk at the time..Im sure he was not long after.....

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

Looks like the bridge is coming down too early.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

It happened on the Welland Canal in southern Ontario in 2001. Lots of news cuttings can be found here........

Larry Green

WOW. Now I don't feel so bad about that time I smacked the drive through overhang at Jack in the Box.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

That appears to be what happened, so I take back my question about whether the captain was a bit soused.

Maybe it was the bridge operator who was "two sheets to the wind".

Apparently either human error or a mechanical/electrical failure caused the bridge to lower while the boat was passing under it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Boy, how would you have liked to be in the wheelhouse and seen THAT coming? (!) Most of the excitement wasn't shown. Anyone killed or hurt? I know the links to the newspaper stories were posted, but I didn't go there. Anyone care to put this in a nutshell or repost links?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

On 21/03/06 12:50 AM, Steve B wrote: I know

Here's the link I put up for several newspaper clippings.

Larry Green