Optimizing mileage for foundry trip

Your 302 has an earlier EFI system that allows some timing tweaking , the closer to 1996 (and the dreaded OBDII) one gets, the less likely it is that timing can changed. My 1996 F-150 with the 300 six has a distributor, but no provisions for timing adjustments. You can twist it all day long and the processor will rest to where it wants spark to occur.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

Mike - you should give MPI a call here in Austin. They are off of Lamar a block south of Braker. I'll bet they have or can get foundry coke for you...

Reply to
Emmo

Why is the dollar doing so poorly against the pound?

First rule of politics: Reward your friends and punish your enemies.

Reply to
fredfighter

They give the additional fuel tax income away - ie. Welfare - to buy votes.

Reply to
RAM^3

profited by

ignition

> so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites

Hello, Emmo.

I purchased some heavy firebrick at MPI awhile back, so I know where they're at. I'll give them a try. Thanks.

Mike Mandaville Austin, Texas

I am getting ready to search the banks of the local waters for plants which will be suitable for weaving a basket dome to cover with kiln cement to enclose a fifty-five gallon charcoal-making retort.

Reply to
MikeMandaville

That's funny, 'cause I need some firebrick and didn't think of them!

Can you use bamboo? 'Cause I have all you could ever want...

Reply to
Emmo

Hello, Emmo.

I think that we have a deal. After I got the firebrick, I decided not to use it, so it's just been taking up space. I only purchased about two dozen bricks, but I think that I paid about eighty cents apiece for them, so I guess that would make it about twenty dollars worth. I will count them later on today, so that we will know for sure. I could do the trade tomorrow, or whenever would be convenient for you, because, since I am both single and self-employed, I can afford to be very flexible with my time. Is the bamboo growing in your back yard?

Mike Mandaville Austin, Texas

Reply to
MikeMandaville

On Sat, 21 May 2005 17:10:20 GMT, the inscrutable Gunner spake:

A: They have the largest number of environmentalists. Q: Who's gonna pay for the damages caused by "cleaner" fuel additive poisoning? A: All of us.

- The only reason I would take up exercising is ||

so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 21 May 2005 17:19:28 GMT, the inscrutable "Carl Byrns" spake:

As Artie said, long, long ago: "Verrrry Interesting!" I haven't been under the hood much since '85 when my back said "Enough!" Changes DO keep occurring, don't they?

- The only reason I would take up exercising is ||

so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No idea. And?

Then you dont get any cookies.

Gunner

Gunner

Or submarine bases if you are Connecticut. Honestly it's not clear to me that closing that base was a good idea.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

If you Leftists would back off on the entitlements, the touchy feely mandates and close the borders..we would have the money for your pig pen.

Gunner

Gunner

And the answer was below the ponit where you injected your query.

enemies.

Reply to
fredfighter

Really? Please point it out for me.

Gunner

Gunner

I did.

Reply to
fredfighter

considering

recommended"

Hello again, Gunner.

I didn't see this other post until just now. I usually shift at 2500 rpm. The thing is, though, that I never power shift. I always wait until my left foot is completely up off of the clutch before I put my right foot back on the gas again. I do this to save wear and tear on the clutch. This always throws the car in back of me for a loop, though, because he expects me to accelerate steadily, instead of leveling off in each gear. The first shift usually causes them to put on the breaks. The second shift usually causes them to turn on their turn signal. My power band in third gear though is such that when they try to pass me, I can always leave them in the dust, if I really want to. :-)

Mike Mandaville Austin, Texas I am going to convert my truck to alcohol

Reply to
MikeMandaville

Hello, Pete.

I guess I will need to install a new fuel tank, and haul a trailer. I am unconvinced about the cost of the still, though, then again, I haven't made any alcohol yet, so I guess that I need to do a little research about this.

Mike Mandaville Austin, Texas

Reply to
MikeMandaville

On 23 May 2005 01:24:06 -0700, the inscrutable "MikeMandaville" spake:

Tuckin' Fexican. That's a good way to piss off EVERYONE behind you and to positively engage some crazy person's road rage button, Mike. We'll see your obit soon, no doubt.

P.S: Remind me -never- to drive behind you if I ever go through Texas again.

- The only reason I would take up exercising is ||

so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The propensity to anger is NOT something which I feel obligated to accomodate. Tailgating is against the law.

Mike Mandaville

I have been rear-ended before I have never rear-ended anyone else

Reply to
MikeMandaville

Idiot.

Reply to