Ot: A rant about eroded liberties

Duh, don't we ever learn anything?

Yet another law meant to protect us from wacko gun owners. Anyone who meets todays stringent standards of being mentally chalanged can't get a gun .. now who is not against that? However, if we are to look at the history of Washington's noble efforts to help the citizenry we must assume it will follow the same course with this legislation. First thing they will do is change the definition of what constitutes a mental problem untill it becomes so all encompassing that if you even visit a marriage counsler you are under the catagory of Wacko, or Wackette if your female. The true wacko's will never visit a doctor because of the knowlege they will be turned in thus losing thier foil hats along with the ability to communicate with the aliens < non mexican types>.

Then,I can just about guarantee that in 10 years the wacko's will be the only ones left with the ability to buy a gun

I'm old enough to remember when abortion was made legal. It was also a noble effort we were told to prevent the women from being subjected to "back alley" butchers. It would only be used as a last effort means. Who could be against that? Well, almost 40 years later some women are yanking viable babies out ( many are left to die on the table), and it's legal. We are where we are today because of a simple effort to correct a wrong.

The gays were really being pummeled, so we pass a law that was only meant to prevent discrimination. I saw nothing wrong with that until the gays took that as a mandate to teach our children the "joys" of being gay. They wanted gay marriages and the right to adopt children. Like many of these kids are not going to be sex toys for their dysfunction. Groups like NAMBA are embraced by many gay men. We are where we are today because of a simple effort to correct a wrong.

When will we learn that these innocent, good intentioned laws are used as a stepping stone by legislators to customize it's purpose to suit them?

You don't use liberty overnight but one tiny step at a time.

A good example today is the "War". Check your Constriction and read what is required for a war to be declared. Yet we follow lock stepped because the whole Iraq fiasco is called a "War" when it does not meet the Constitutional criteria to be a legal war If the Constitution were followed we would never had Vietnam.

What does our Constitution say about war?

Our Founders divided war into two separate powers: Congress was given the power to declare war and the president was given the power to wage war. What that means is that under our system of government, the president cannot legally wage war against another nation in the absence of a declaration of war against that nation from Congress.

'The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing. English philosopher Edmund Burke

Reply to
cncfixxer1