OT: Employee woes

That same list's been used for the US Congress, English Parliament, and probably half the hair brands from the '80s.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

I thought that you guys on *all* sides of the border would enjoy this.

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 300 employees and has the following statistics:

30 have been accused of spousal abuse 9 have been arrested for fraud 14 have been accused of writing bad cheques 95 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses 4 have done time for assault 55 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit 12 have been arrested on drug related charges 4 have been arrested for shoplifting 16 are currently defendants in lawsuits 62 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year Can you guess which organization this is?

It is the 301 MP's in the Canadian Parliament.The same group that cranks out 100 new laws designed to keep the rest of us in line.Which one did you vote for? TAKEN FROM THE OTTAWA CITIZEN

Regards. Ken.

Reply to
Ken Davey

The phrase you used as your subject is wrong, in my humble opinion.

Since the politicians work for us, shouldn't it read, "Employer Woes"?!?!?

Yeah, right. In a perfect world maybe!

Reply to
Rileyesi

If you study your Bible carefully you'll see that most of the individuals in the Bible had "dirt ball" episodes.

- Abraham *twice* sold his wife into another man's harem. - Isaac did it once. - Moses murdered an Egyptian. - Samson lost his strength and eventually his life over lust. - King David was such a rotten father that one of his sons killed another of his sons and David was glad he did it. David also committed adultery and had the husband murdered. ... - The apostle Peter cursed himself to a machs-nichts servant girl. - Paul wrote of, "The things I know I shouldn't do, I do. But the things I know I should do, I don't!"

It all comes down to what you choose to count. Was baseball's Babe Ruth a success or failure? It depends on what you count. If you count the strike-outs he was a failure. If you count his home runs he was a towering success.

Personally, I don't trust a politico who doesn't have something "bad" in his or her background.

In your list of statistics, I suspect both F.D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill would be noted among the dregs and failures, as both are reputed to have enjoyed their alcohol. Abraham Lincoln would also be a failure since he lost more elections than he won. ;-)

Since my past is not lilly-white, I don't mind that officials aren't perfect either. I do hope they've gotten beyond those things, however. I don't expect to learn how to ride a wild horse from someone who has never seen one, but rather someone who has learned how to stay on. ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Hmmph! I was thinking you were describing our local police department right up to the end.

gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Aint it just plumb scary that this 'believably' describes just about any 'establishment' organization? Ken.

Reply to
Ken Davey

Funny stuff, but thank goodness it's all urban legend.

It is the 301 MP's in the Canadian

Reply to
BBFMETALWORKING

Is it??! - (really big 'evil' grin) Ken.

Reply to
Ken Davey