OT: enable unsigned Active X control download

I like to see weather Radar direct from the NWS. To see a radar loop you have to install an active X control. I remember getting a windows nag about "Unsigned..." but it let me install anyway. This box has a recent OS install and I can't get it to let me install this control. So far I changed internet security levels - no go. And I tried changing custom settings no joy so far. Suggestions?

Karl Townsend

I use the same feature, but on my computers it appears to be java script. Do you have that enabled in your browser?

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Can't help with the install, but thanks for the cool link!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I'm sure its a Jave script. I haven't done anything special to enable Java. How do I do that? My real beef here is M$oft has decided to protect me and won't give me the option to install anyway.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

In Firefox it's tools/options/content tab, enable Javascript checkbox. In IE it's tools/internet options/security tab, click on custom level (I think, I use Firefox.)

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

That is because of what MSoft did a few years ago with regards to Java. They basically stole a Java Virtual machine code and then got pissed when Sun went after them in court. Ever since then you have to go to Suns own site and download the proper Java code for it to work easily. OR throw IE in the trash and switch to Firefox.

To get the real thing

Steve W.

Thanks Steve, This did it.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Reply to
cavelamb

It also uses java and worked for me. I likely have active X from Google earth. Try the Unisys site - it is professional.

Mart> I like to see weather Radar direct from the NWS. To see a radar loop you

Martin H. Eastburn