OT: enable unsigned Active X control download

I like to see weather Radar direct from the NWS. To see a radar loop you have to install an active X control. I remember getting a windows nag about
"Unsigned..." but it let me install anyway. This box has a recent OS install and I can't get it to let me install this control. So far I changed internet security levels - no go. And I tried changing custom settings no joy so far. Suggestions?
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=byx&product=N0R&overlay 101111&loop=no
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 06:15:33 -0500, "Karl Townsend"

I use the same feature, but on my computers it appears to be java script. Do you have that enabled in your browser?
Pete Keillor

I'm sure its a Jave script. I haven't done anything special to enable Java. How do I do that? My real beef here is M$oft has decided to protect me and won't give me the option to install anyway.
Karl
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:30:23 -0500, "Karl Townsend"

In Firefox it's tools/options/content tab, enable Javascript checkbox. In IE it's tools/internet options/security tab, click on custom level (I think, I use Firefox.)
Pete Keillor
Karl Townsend wrote:

That is because of what MSoft did a few years ago with regards to Java. They basically stole a Java Virtual machine code and then got pissed when Sun went after them in court. Ever since then you have to go to Suns own site and download the proper Java code for it to work easily. OR throw IE in the trash and switch to Firefox.
http://news.cnet.com/2009-1001-215854.html
To get the real thing http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
--
Steve W.

Thanks Steve, This did it.
Karl
Steve W. wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=byx&product=N0R&overlay 101111&loop=no

Can't help with the install, but thanks for the cool link!
Bob
http://weather.unisys.com/forecast.cgi?Name=Miami&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
It also uses java and worked for me. I likely have active X from Google earth. Try the Unisys site - it is professional.
Martin