OT how to get a "business credit history"

Unfortunately, it doesn't occur to too many people until they're in deep trouble. They just begin subsidizing a business venture to tide it over a rough spot and too often before they're done, they're done in...

The _real_ lesson is don't let personal finances intermingle w/ the business.

If, of course, you're running as a sole proprietorship you're hosed anyway; as it's all the same as far as liability. The LLC helps some but the only real protection is the incorporation route and then you have to be religious about keeping stuff that belongs in the business in the business...

Reply to
dpb

Very true. The dividing life between my "business life" and "personal life" is fuzzy for me, but I do keep the money separate. And also, when one is buying and selling, it is not easy to determine the "true" income, due to inventory valuation, but I try hard to be conservative.

Ignoramus19720

And the corollary is that if there is any real risk in business of liability or other way to put large amounts of personal assets at risk, do _NOT_ operate as a sole proprietorship. And, of course, the point above of don't incur personal debt to subsidize any business entity no matter how it's structured.

Reply to
dpb