OT: invisible fence batteries

I have 2 sets of invisible fence dog collars and the dealer want 40 bucks each for replacement batteries, this is the biggest rip-off I have ever heard of. They look like a watch battery in an enclosed plastic housing that screws into the collar. Obviously they made it this way so commonly available batteries could not work. Has anyone found a way around this? Are there any generic battery producers selling batteries for dog collars at reasonable prices. Thanks

Reply to
habbi

Can you remove and replace the watch battery, while maintaining waterproofness? If so, can you describe the battery, exact dimensions (to the nearest .1mm) and any markings on it.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I went to cut open a 6v photo battery hoping to find four cells to use on callipers and found two 3v batteries that will fit my IF collar.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

The ones I saw at the pet store were lithium 2032's, they cost $1 each at the dollar store. Think the pet store wanted $12.95 plus taxes...

Canadian$, to boot.

Reply to
jtaylor

Thats what I have, twist and lock for petsafe collars I got mine a

than $10

Reply to
TLKALLAM8

I took my twist and lock apart and found a Duracell DL1/3N 3 volt battery which is available at radio shack etc...

Reply to
habbi