OT: Items in a metal box are cooler?

On Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 8:43:43 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Hey - when the junk is a quarter-million miles away, who cares (just kidding. I care a lot).
"rangerssuck" wrote in message

https://www.abc.net.au/science/space/planets/venus.htm "There is a large [Soviet] diamond on Venus. This diamond helped to prove that Murphy's Law works on other planets besides Earth. "
The penetrometer meant to measure soil hardness instead struck the discarded lens cap.

The Soviets had a lot of missions to Venus. Most of them entering the atmosphere had on active lifetimes measured in hours or minutes. It's a nasty place and not much survives in the dense, hot, hot, sulfuric acid tinged air. Overheating was the end of life cause of many of the successful probes.
Elijah ------ how long do diamonds last in sulfuric acid?
On 8/19/2020 7:12 PM, rangerssuck wrote:

Our moon is tide locked, the same side is always facing the Earth. When the side we see is dark, then the other side is in sunlight.
Pink Floyd was wrong.
https://www.avg.com
"David R. Birch" wrote in message
On 8/19/2020 7:12 PM, rangerssuck wrote:

Our moon is tide locked, the same side is always facing the Earth. When the side we see is dark, then the other side is in sunlight.
Pink Floyd was wrong.
=====================================How do you KNOW that's true?
Just kidding, a friend tracked objects in space with this radar: https://www.haystack.mit.edu/
On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 11:33:41 PM UTC-4, Clare wrote:

No, because in the 1970's german movies about treasure and artwork thieves, they show people walking in tee shirts and shorts in the alps while frost or ice is still on the ground.
(crosspost to rec.food.cooking rec.crafts.metalworking)