OT: Local Fire

9pm 8/17/17 I had an exciting day. After hearing a helicopter circling around my neighborhood, I walked out back and was treated to 35' tall flames
coming from the brush on the hill behind me. I'm 1/4 mile away from the I-5 freeway and the fire was on the other side, uphill from it. 3 helicopters with water, several small planes with orange retardant, a larger tanker with retardant spent 6 hours quenching it. It's dark now and I walked out to see if there were any visible hot spots. There are firemen up there with lights and hoses, processing the edges, and there are a couple of small orange blazes. Over the hill, 1+ miles away, the smoke was beginning to come up again, so they'll probably get it fully contained tomorrow.
6am 8/18/17 They evidently contained it overnight and there is no smoke anywhere this morning.
http://tinyurl.com/ycoyhh62 I put up a web page with pics and descriptions here.
--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
On 8/18/2017 12:13 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

And here comes a Hurricane. Few this year, this one will be very wet. It will vacillate south to north gulf coast of Texas and dump a foot or two of rain.
Martin
On 8/21/2017 11:14 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 22:30:35 -0500, Martin Eastburn

I wish we had -that- water dropping on the local fire today. It is now the largest in the country. The Chetco Bar fire is a bit larger than the little brush fire I had last week. It has burnt down 102,333 acres now while 1,398 firefighters fight it, and is only about 45 miles southwest of me. Luckily, the wind direction is keeping about 90% of the smoke to the south of us. http://www.opb.org/news/article/oregon-brookings-chetco-bar-wildfire-blm/

- I am a Transfinancial--A rich person born in a poor person's body. Please stop the hate by sending me money to resolve my money identity disorder. --anon