OT: Mattress/Box Spring Set

Minor rant...

Bought a new queen size mattress and box spring set the other day... first new one's in eons...

Set them up tonight, and to my amazement discovered they don't give you grab handles anymore!

Whats the world coming too...

Erik

Reply to
Erik

On my last move I think I learned that a mattress can be moved pretty well by two people using a sheet underneath for support. The sheet yields the handles.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

That's what rope is for...

Make a loop 1-1/2 times the length of the matress (or other auckward load)

Tie a pair of overhand knots at 1/4 and 3/4.

Slip the rope under the edge of the mattress with the two end loops acting as handles.

A pair of 12 year old girls can move a queen size mattress by themselves.

/--------------------\ /-------------------\ | \ / | | x=============================x | | / \ | \--------------------/ \-------------------/

Reply to
CaveLamb

I dare them to try that with a memory foam (Tempurpedic) queen size mattress. :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

It will work.

Although heavier, the trick is getting a grip.

(something many of us seem to lack here...)

Reply to
CaveLamb

Make your own - take a length of stout rope, make a loop, and then for a figure eight. Place the mattress on the place where the rope crosses over, and you now have 'handles'.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I took my sail-mending needles (badass 5" curved job), some good commercial thread, and some lengths of polyester webbing, then stitched 4 handles on my mattress cover so I could turn it. Otherwise, it's a bitch even for two people to turn.

-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln

Reply to
Larry Jaques