OT: need to ask a Swede a question

I would like to have an opinion on a translation to Swedish. A fellow asked me to make him a "Swedish Hollow" sign for his cabin. He said it should be "Svenske Ihalig". I used several of the free translators on the web and hollow does translate to ihalig but it also translates to dalsanka.Which would be correct or proper? This sign will be made of steel so this question is on topic!

Steve (part Swede) Peterson

Reply to
Steve Peterson

^^^^^^^^^^^ I have used an online service called "Your Dictionary," I think. They have volunteer translators who can probably give you good advice. In my case, the guy not only translated the expression, but he pointed out a misspelled word, and speculated about why the error crept in.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman