New Orleans

What the heck is going on, why cant we fly planes and helicopters over and drop supplies out. This is crazy, seems like a 3rd world country right now. Brad

Reply to
Darnell

Probably because randomly dropping supplies into sewer-laden water isn't very efficient, and because doing so requires acknowledging that you're not going to be picking people up for a while.

I heard on this morning's news that they are delivering food and water to folks trapped on their rooftops.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

What do you mean 'seems' ? Third world presidential style = third world behaviour.

Those people should not moan and complain: They should be getting themselves out of there, and looting is after all free market principles carried to their logical conclusion..

But don't worry, its not happening: Its just a lie being spread by the Lie-beral media.

;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

C'mon: Its standard republican 'mushroom' ethos, keep them in the dark and feed them bullshit.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hey DH! Either shut the H up or simply F off! But stay out of our business! You have no clue, no right and no decency!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Darnell,

The first thing I would ask you is, what experience do you have with such things as this that would put you in a position to criticize?

Ever done an air drop? Ever dealt with the logistics of disaster support, rescue and supply?

The people were warned! They were told to leave! Most did but some decided to take their chances. They made their choices, now they simply have to wait until we get to them!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

It is tuff to help INDIVIDUALS when you have a couple THOUSAND squar

miles to cover!

Jerr

-- tailskid

Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart

----------------------------------------------------------------------- tailskid2's Profile:

this thread:

tailskid2

I'm with Chuck on this...HOWEVER, let us keep politics and personal opinions out of thjis. This is an R/C billboard or chat group or whatever you call it, and IMHO..olitics, religion and such belong on other internet places... so, let's all talk R/C...OK? Frank Schwartz in Hendersonville, TN

Reply to
Frank Schwartz

Your point about staying on topic is well taken, Frank; just for the record, it's not a board (or a chat room), it's a newsgroup. Part of Usenet, actually.

Reply to
Noah Little

Yeah- We've been watching the foriegn equivalents of C-5A's and C-130's from the UK, France anall those other countries flying over to take supplies in. Like Hell! Next time any of you folks need help, like an earthquake, tsunami, or whatever--think about it. go bury your head back in the sand. Jerk

The Natural Philos>

Reply to
Roger G

You're right Frank but unlike in New Orleans, we can't simply shoot the vermin we find here. Nice if we could though!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Absolutely right.

I am taking exactly the same position with regard to my extremely short position on the US economy. They were warned, they did nothing, and I will profit mightily out of their stupidity.

30% over night on shorting the dollar haha!!!

That after better than 40% profit on oil futires over the summer.

Having a dumb f****it as president of the USA makes it so easy to rake in cash at the expense of the USA.

Thank you Dubya. You have truly taught me how to be venal, selfish and totally uncaring about the American people. I humbly follow your example.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The've been offered, they have been politely refused.

Too proud to accept.

Look bad for Dubya.

However he will have to buy gasoline it seems: But the price is still being negotiated...

I wonder if the French gasoline will have a sticker on it so people can refuse to buy it.

Nero fiddled around while Rome burnt...and then built a huge palace for himself on the ashes.

It marked the beginning of the end of the Roman Empire.

My heart bleeds for all those Non republican voters trapped in N Orleans. We tried to help, but we couldn't get past the jerk in the White house and the bigger jerks who put him there.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thus spake Heinrich Himmler.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Darnell

Dick Head!

F-Off you piece of French refuse!

We are Americans and we d>

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Yes you see dry street all over. You see them via the news helicopters. Wonder how many supplies they've been dropping? As for the government, check it out! Via our political system it is up to the local, i.e. City government to respond first. But their police were too busy looting (caught on camera). And the city has to ask for help before the state and federal can even step in. But the NO mayor was tooooo busy saving his own skin to bother doing his job.

And by the way, the State Governor has to release the National Guard troops to the President before the President can Federalize them and use them. Takes time for things to happen when have idiots at the state level.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

You seem to have overlooked the fact that Europe and Japan are currently in the process of sending you petrol (gas).

It is amazing that the country with the most assets in the world and the capability to throw resources at the problem is making such a mess of what should be a reasonably simple process.

Judging from the balls up that is evident so far it may yet end up with sending you food parcels.

It appears the `National Guard' are in there `performing' (not very well by all accounts) and there is growing pressure to send regular army personnel in.... hmmmm.

Comments recently, from international observers and war correspondents, rate the USA army way down on the international scale. The French army (remember the French who were being so sarcastically abused on here a while ago ? ) are rated way above the USA grunts. France was only one country who's troops were rated as way in excess of the US troops. The very same France that is gearing up to send you gas before you run out and all throw a terrific tantrum when your cars don't go anymore !

You wonder why humanitarian aid has been so far a shambles? Look no further than your government and the people on the ground at the scene. Hell.... what a mess !!!!

Reg

Reply to
tux_powered

Just to stay on topic....

There's an American guy on the soaring group who learns thet someone he knows has lost his home.... everything.. and is sat in a refuge somewhere with his wife and kids and NOTHING.

He proposes to the rest of the guys in the group that they should muster together and help this guy.

His proposal..... he is going to send the guy a sailplane and wants others to send a transmitter and receiver, etc.

When it is pointed out that it would be better to send donations to the currently running appeal he decries that idea and adds that he's also gonna send the guy a coupla soaring tee-shirts.

Note... nothing has been mentioned regarding the wife and kids just... "lets get this guy back in the air".

So here we have this guy sat with his wife, kids and the ruin of his life around him and no food or water. Wading through the polluted floodwaters comes a Fedex guy bearing a parcel. The destitute guy eagerly rips it open and there is.... a sailplane and a coupla soaring tee-shirts (from what I hear of Fedex the plane will be unusable anyway) !!!!!!!

If the rest of the aid provided reaches this level then there are gonna be a lotta folks who aint going to survive this disaster.

Reg

Reply to
tux_powered

Agreed. Much, much easier to kill them when invading. Organising humanitarian aid sure is much tougher.

Reg

Reply to
tux_powered