New Orleans

How your survivalist kit and scary white pointy hat Chuck?

Watch out: Them Nigras is agoing to git ya!

However it seems the Dubya is going to need French and German gasoline to rescue his ratings in the polls.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Look, we always knew that the USA was run like a third world tinpot dictatorship: Now we can see the results. Third world City...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Rather interesting rep-lie. Especially since the President has stated we will accept help from anyone.

Do Eur> Roger G wrote:

Reply to
Roger G

| There's an American guy on the soaring group who learns thet someone | he knows has lost his home.... everything.. and is sat in a refuge | somewhere with his wife and kids and NOTHING.

Paul Perret? Apparantly he's `hunkered down with his son in Ft Worth area.' His place is `underwater', but I'm not sure about NOTHING.

| He proposes to the rest of the guys in the group that they should | muster together and help this guy.

Let's use names here. He = Gordy.

| His proposal..... he is going to send the guy a sailplane and wants | others to send a transmitter and receiver, etc.

Sounds like a nice touch. Though I'd personally talk to the guy in question and see what was really lost and what's needed first -- but I certainly won't fault Gordy for not doing so.

| When it is pointed out that it would be better to send donations to the | currently running appeal he decries that idea and adds that he's also | gonna send the guy a coupla soaring tee-shirts. | | Note... nothing has been mentioned regarding the wife and kids just... | "lets get this guy back in the air".

Nobody even mentioned a wife. I don't know if he's married or not. But maybe you know him - I don't.

I got the impression that he's staying at his son's place at Fort Worth, but it's not really clear from the statement. Hopefully -- that sounds better than a refuge somewhere.

| So here we have this guy sat with his wife, kids and the ruin of his | life around him and no food or water. Wading through the polluted | floodwaters comes a Fedex guy bearing a parcel. The destitute guy | eagerly rips it open and there is.... a sailplane and a coupla | soaring tee-shirts (from what I hear of Fedex the plane will be | unusable anyway) !!!!!!! | | If the rest of the aid provided reaches this level then there are gonna | be a lotta folks who aint going to survive this disaster.

I thought it was a nice touch. Obviously Gordy can't afford to fix everything in Paul's life right now, but sending him a plane sounds like a nice thing.

(Also, I doubt FedEx will be going there until the flooding is drained off. So he's probably got some time.)

Gordy's trying to do a nice thing. Get off his back. He's welcome to help in any way he sees fit. (The government, that's another matter, one that's not really on topic here.)

If somebody wants to read the threads involved, go here --

snipped-for-privacy@airage.com/

and look for the `Okay, I'll start the party! Our Cajun in distress needs RC gear' and `One of our own, underwater in New Orleans' threads.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Not yet according to teh press..

We collect em. I have a whole scrapbook of Big Lies from Politicians. The Bush section is the thickest, in every sense.

But he can't help it. He's a natural.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And like the muck raking scum you are, you always seek to find the worse exception to report and try to make it out like the norm. As long as all we have to fear are the likes of you and the great and mighty DH, we really have little to fear at all!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Correct. You have also seen the response that suggested that the idea was not all that appropriate. To which Gordy then increased his offer to include a cople of sweat shirts. He, Gordy seemed to show a certain amount of disdain for the suggestion that it would be more appropriate to contribute aid through the proper channels. But there.. he often shows that attitude to anything he hasn't thought of. There have been numerous occasions when he has intervened in threads and been objectionable because the subject was not about something he was personaly interested in. But hey.... if you want to champion this guy then go ahead !

The further responses have been totally underwhelming, unless they haven't appeared on the group yet.

From the total lack of response I take it that everyone else thought the idea was stupid. I didn't want to name the guy on here as I don't know if he reads this group and can therefore respond.

I have responded to him on the soaring group on previous occasions and informed him of my somewhat low opinion of his frequent stupid comments. You will know that a number of people hold similar views to me on the subject of Gordy. I refrain from any discussion with the guy. There are some who like him... and then there are the rest of us.

I see the AMA have come up with a somewhat more sensible suggestion on how to help fellow hobbyists.. be interesting to see how many pick up on it !

Reg

Reply to
tux_powered

Nah, EUROPEANS are fine folk but DH is not European. In fact, we have no proof he is even of the human race...

HEY D.H., stop eating that thing and put it back in your pants then you will look smarter.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High