OT-: Only In Florida

No idea if its true..but its way cool....

A news article from a Florida Newspaper: > >When Nathan Radlich's house was burgled, thieves left his TV, his VCR, and >even left his watch. What they did take was "generic white cardboard box >filled with grayish-white powder." (That at least is the way the police >described it.) > >A spokesman for the Fort Lauderdale police said "that it looked similar to >cocaine and they'd probably thought they'd hit the big time." > >Then Nathan stood in front of the TV cameras and pleaded with the >burglars: "Please return the cremated remains of my sister, Gertrude. >She died three years ago." Well, the next morning, the bullet-riddled >corpse of a drug dealer known as Hoochie Pevens was found on Nathan's >doorstep. The cardboard box was there too; about half of Gertrude's ashes >remained. And there was this note. > >It said: "Hoochie sold us the bogus blow, so we wasted Hoochie. Sorry we >snorted your sister. No hard feelings. Have a nice day." > > > > > > >

Gunner

Only the part about the ashes being stolen:

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

A guy that I know wanted to have his kitchen redone so he called in a contractor and the guys got started on the job. Well, the friend did his glassgrinding in his kitchen so he had some baggies and bottles of grit. Well, now, the finer grits are aluminum oxide which is a white powder. It all disappeared along with a bottle of glass/grit mixture. I can imagine the fun those thieves had when they took in the powder and then started coughing their lungs out!

Bob May

One of my God-daughters enjoyed taking her maternal grandmother's ashes with her to school and parties and such. She dressed-up the ash box with sunglasses, hats, wigs and scarfs. She looked better than when she was alive. It wasn't disrespectfull, she loved grandma. Thank God, it was only a phase that lasted a year or so.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It's way cool, but aside from someone possibly stealing an urn (which they didn't know had cremated remains in it) the rest of it doesn't follow. I mean, unless ground for scattering, you've got bone chunks and grit.

But it makes a hell of a great story.

tschus pyotr

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner wrote on Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:12:33 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

-- pyotr filipivich TV NEWS: Yesterday's newspaper read to the illiterate.

Reply to
phamp