OT: OT: OT: John Denver and MJ

I changed the metal from silver to gold. Damn song has been in my head all day with the non stop coverage of MJ.

Wes

Oh lay me down in forest lawn in a golden casket Put golden flowers over my head in a golden basket Let the drum and bugle corp play taps while the cannons roar And sixteen libertied employees sell souvenirs from the funeral store

I want to go simply when I go They?ll give me a simple funeral there I know With a casket lined in fleece And fireworks spelling out rest in peace Oh take me when I?m gone to forest lawn

Oh lay me down in forest lawn they understand there They have a heavenly choir and a military band there Just put me in their care I?ll find my comfort there With sixteen planes and a last salute they?ll drop across in a parachute

I want to go simply when I go They?ll give me a simple funeral there I know With a hundred strolling strings And topless dancers with golden wings Oh take me when I?m gone to forest lawn

Oh, come, come, come, come Come to the church in the wild wood Kindly leave a contribution in the pale Be as simple and as trusting as a child would And we?ll sell you the church in the dale

To find a simple resting place is my desire To lay me down with a smiling face comes a little bit higher My likeness cast in brass will stand in plastic grass While hidden weights and springs tip it?s hat to the mourners filing passed

I want to go simply when I go They?ll give me a simple funeral there I know I?ll lie beneath the sand With piped in tapes of billy graham Oh take me when I?m gone to forest lawn

Rock of ages cleft for me Forest?s lightly higher fee Oh take me when I?m gone to forest lawn

Amen

Reply to
Wes

On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 19:07:55 -0400, the infamous Wes scrawled the following:

One of the blessings of having given up TV and broadcast radio is that I never hear that kind of crap.

Hmm, MJ...isn't that Spiderman's main squeeze?

-- After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. -- Aldous Huxley

Reply to
Larry Jaques