OT_We Should Get Out NOW!

We Should Get Out!

It is time to take a serious look at our involvement there. Every day there are news reports about more deaths. Every night on the TV are photos of death and destruction. Why are we still there?

The land is too large to secure all of it. The bad people causing this damage can roam anywhere, and we can't possibly police the whole place. Why are we still there?

We occupied this land, which we had to take by force, but it causes us nothing but trouble. Why are we still there?

Their government is unstable, and in the process of changing. Why are we still there?

Refugees are fleeing by the thousands, driven from their homes. Why are we still there?

It will cost billions to rebuild, which we can't afford. Why are we still there?

There are more than 1000 religious sects. We can't even secure the borders. Why are we still there?

And to repeat: Every day we hear of more Americans killed in this dangerous land.

It is clear. We must abandon California.

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'" Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Reply to
Gunner

Where are you moving to?

Reply to
Guido

I did'nt feel it. Where are you located?

Lou

Reply to
Lou W

The way the ground just shook it may be a good idea.......

Cigi

Reply to
Cigi

Scared me there Gunner. For a second or two I thought maybe you were going to vote for Howard Dean.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

Oxnard The epicenter was about 240 miles north of Los Angeles, near the towns of San Simeon and Cambria.

6.5, so they are saying.

Cigi.

Reply to
Cigi

Felt it here in Los Banos (70 miles NW of Fresno in the SJV). My grandson came roaring out of his room yelling, "If we're all going to die from this earthquake I want to see my Christmas presents *now*." Sue who thought at first that it was some sort of episode related to old age.

Reply to
Sue

Felt a slight rolling motion in Gilroy, at first I thought that I had too much to drink last night, but then I remembered I didn't drink anything last night. My wife never felt a thing.

Reply to
Garlicdude

I already did.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Nah.... I lost the house in the Coalinga quake, and Im still here. That one this morning was a fun one. Bout a 6.7 or so over on the coast..hummm around 80 miles as the crow flys.

It was a nice east-west roller, but I figured it was over in the Tehachipi area to the east, rather than to the west. Rather suprised me to click on the quake update site to do an after quake report and find out where it was.

Id have to say it was about a 4.6 or more at my place. My new daughter in law freaked..but then she is preggers too..and they are nutz when they get to that point.

Chuckle..from where I sit, I look out the window and watch hummingbird feeders about 6 ft away..and my oldest regular, Ralph, was getting pissed as the feeder kept swinging away from him, then back again...he was a might confused as there was no wind. He hangs out with me when Im working in the shop and some nights he will stage air races over head in the lights. I think he is nocturnal too...

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'" Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Reply to
Gunner

Anywhere is fine, so long as it's not up here.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

You would be nuts too if you had a parasite that side inside of you! Wait till she gets to 9+ months.

Jim

jim rozen

Early months of 2003 I had what is called an recurring nightmare that lasted one week. In this dream were some massive earthquake that hits CA in summer 03. I hope it was just that a nightmare and probably was, but it was one of those nightmares that I can still remember, especially when they last a couple nights for no apparrent reason. It seemed like the season was summer months by my time, as I saw myself watching it on tv. Sounds like John has been watching to many horror movies to.

John

Reply to
John Scheldroup

Actually, those of us who grew up here are pretty much used to it.

During the Loma Prieta quake, I was the only one in my entire appartment complex with no breakages. I was also the only native Californian, I learned when I started asking why people didn't know not to stack stuff at the very fronts of shelves...

So if it serves to discourage more newcomers, that's OK, and if it persuades a few of them to leave, so much the better.

Al Moore

Reply to
Alan Moore

I felt it in Valencia, near Magic Mountain. I was reading something and wondered what was happening to my vision. I estimate it was about a

2.5 or 3.0 at my place of work. Enough to get the hanging lights swinging.
Reply to
BottleBob

Reply to
SimonShabtai Evan

Many at the time of the hyperlink there were 536 general ones across the state. The bigger set is around San Simeon as stated.

On the world wide side :

253 hits > 4.0.

Martin [ who lives on the Pacific Plate, works on the North American Plate ]

Reply to
Eastburn

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:12:30 -0800, Garlicdude wrote something ......and in reply I say!: I assume this was because she _did_ have plenty to drink last night, and everything simply stood still for a moment?

**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email

I was frightened by the idea of a conspiracy that was causing it all. But then I was terrified that maybe there was no plan, really. Is this unpleasant mess all a mistake?

Reply to
Old Nick

snip of failures

Or to put it another way, you have had hundreds of years, it's still a bloody mess, and _still_ you try to overrun and control yet other countries.

Go tell it to the American Natvies! Watch _them_ laugh!

**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email

I was frightened by the idea of a conspiracy that was causing it all. But then I was terrified that maybe there was no plan, really. Is this unpleasant mess all a mistake?

Reply to
Old Nick

New York just closed it's borders. Honest. Don't even think about it.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns