OT; Why does concrete turn white?

When I clean concrete with detergent or pressure washer, it turns dark and stays dark, even when dry.

What can I do to make it turn white, without waiting a year?

TIA Clark

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

If you want white concrete it is advisable to use white cement in the mix.

If you want to change the color of the concrete you have now, paint it.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Clark Magnuson wrote in news:26GdnV4-es- kgg3YnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

That's strange - when my pale-grey sidewalk gets dark I know that it's time to wash IT!

Are you sure that the concrete wasn't colored dark when it was poured? [My front "porch" was dyed dark red when IT was poured. ]

Reply to
RAM³

Try some bleach....

Clark Magnus> When I clean concrete with detergent or pressure washer, it turns dark

Reply to
kbeitz

Damp beach sand is darker than the same beach sand when dry. I suspect the darkening is due to moisture below the surface; can you try holding a wet/dry vacuum over a spot for a minute, to see if it gets dryer (and lighter)?

Reply to
whit3rd

Bleach it! That's right goo old laundry bleach.

Reply to
Diamond Jim