oxy-acetylene-stuff

First--I would visit a few local dealers of the gasses--"welding supply dealers"

You're going to have to deal with someone for refilling-(or swapping) your bottles. See what brands of torches they carry & price them..--You can buy them there or shop E-bay or elsewhere for the same brand---replacement parts are very seldom needed in torches, but later on the critical "O" rings in the jount require replacement.---A few years later they won't remember whether you bought it there or not, but if it is "their brand", they're much more likely to assist you with the parts. S*a*s , in the past has had a major mfgrs make their tools , but incorporate a few "bastard" sized components to force you to come back to them for parts.--Similar to the Wards cog-belt case in the other post..

I would definitely stay with one of the recognized brands , Victor, Oxy-weld, Etc. Stay away from imports !!.

Reply to
jerry Wass

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 08:46:18 -0500, jerry Wass vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

why?

**************************************************** I went on a guided tour not long ago.The guide got us lost. He was a non-compass mentor.........sorry ........no I'm not.
Reply to
Old Nick

Actually, the import Victor clones appear to be just fine. Pye-Barker even sells a Victor clone under their house brand. Nothing with their house brand is junk. I bought a set to back up my ancient Harris torch. Works great, and genuine Victor parts interchange, which means it is a true clone.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman