painting aluminum boats?

I have a 12 foot aluminum boat and am wondering if it is worthwhile to paint it where the paint was abraded. If so, what paint would you use.

Appearance is of zero importance to me. This boat will be used for entertaining a 4 year old, not for babe chasing etc.

Ignoramus12555

RoyJ

Don't bother. Much hassle, special primer and paint and it will fall off anyway if the planets are not correctly aligned. (g)

Regards. Ken.

Reply to
Ken Davey

Alumacraft uses an acrylic enamel like Delstar.

If appearance doesn't matter, skip it! Without proper prep, paint won't stick to aluminum anyway.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Strip hull, set up an X-Y or circular guide frame to support your polisher, apply an attractive engine-turned (fish scales) or guilloché pattern with polishing pads and then anodize clear or color of your choice.

WB ................

Reply to
Wild Bill

I have a 1967 starcraft that we painted about 8 years ago. We used a aluminum primer, then auto primer, then white auto paint. It was in the water for 4 summers and towed to the water for 4 years. The paint still looks very good. It did pimple a small amount where the paint is under water, but it hasn't come off. The boat would sit in the water for 4 to 5 months and the paint is still on, it is stained at the water line but not to bad.

Reply to
Waynemak

Thanks, Wayne and everyone. I will not paint the boat.

Ignoramus12555

Spray adhesive, then get your fishin buddy to help you fling glitter.

By golly, my granddaughter would *Love* that!

Granpaaaw, will the fish eat our boat?

~D

Reply to
Dave

That's gotta be faster than the hot glue gun I used on the last three

Reply to
Wild Bill