I produce a part which has a 5mm "ball" press fitting operation. The ball is pressed in the hole at a depth of 20mm from the face, this I do on a power press. Lot sizes are about 100000nos
Operations are sequenced below:
- A ball is dropped into the hole of the part by hand.
- Place the part on the press.
- Push the press lever by his leg.
- The punch 26mm long then rams & press fits the ball.
- Lift the part and put it in processed bin.
I have not been able to think of a way to get 100% process capability.
I have to do 100% visual segregation, even then there is no 100% percent guaranted result.