Personal question metal related

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy shit because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have a cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a good unit?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

And I need a REALLY GOOD ear hair cutter

Reply to
Ignoramus13521

Not a *great* unit, but cheap and serviceable:

The battery door on this one keeps falling off but perhaps they've fixed the design by now.

It disassembles easily for cleaning in your ultrasound tank.

Nair. Seriously.

At the end of my shave, I dab a little around the outside of the helixes, the lobes and the entrance of the ear canals.

Washes off in the shower and the results are flawless.

I left some on my cheek for several minutes and got a minor chemical burn. So, rinse it off just like it says in the instructions. :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

See

They claim it's the best of many they tested. I'd say it works OK. It definitely works best right after a hot shower, and with a fresh battery.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I use a Bic lighter.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I use a Groom Mate, which is completely mechanical, and cuts far better than the electric units I have used, probably because the Groom Mate blades are actually sharp.

I actually bought it through Amazon, where you will find my review (buried under 430 other reviews).

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

I use a small pair of scissor, three and a half total length and the cutting section is curved, about one inch long. I tried at least two of the barrel type and they both pulled the hair as it cuts.

Reply to
mac

Well, the HF units are right out of that argument, so don't pay any attention to the $3.99 sale I did last week.

I prefer the rotary type, but they need to be sharp or your li'l tenders get pulled out by the root. DAMHIKT

I think the Brauns are too expensive for your gift exchange, but I've heard they're well made.

Since I've been given and bought only the cheapies, I can't give you any advice on how the more expensive ones fare. Maybe these'll help:

(great billboard!)

-- Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I hope the points are blunt.

I find it best to use the GroomMate on dry hair, but never had a problem with pulling. I suppose that hair diameter would matter, though.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

I use a Bic lighter.

Heavy duty wire cutters?

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve

Dremel tool with a plug cutter bit.

Reply to
Denis G.

Dremel tool with a plug cutter bit.

************

We have a WINNER!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

And doesn't that bring tears to your eyes?

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

NO WAY! The Bic lighter wins hands down!

Reply to
Dennis

It does, and I am not macho enough to bear it.

Reply to
mac

Your's was better Tom. Reminds me of going to the dentist and the uneasy feeling of seeing smoke come out of my mouth as he's drilling away.

Reply to
Denis G.

Unibit. One size fits all noses AND ears!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The smell was the worst when he hit the infection.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

See no evil, hear no evil, smell no evil.

Reply to
Denis G.

It was beyond evil. The oral surgeon was gagging. Lucky for me, the water jet they used for irrigation was blowing most of it away from me.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell