Personal question metal related

Not a *great* unit, but cheap and serviceable:

The battery door on this one keeps falling off but perhaps they've fixed the design by now.

It disassembles easily for cleaning in your ultrasound tank.

Nair. Seriously.

At the end of my shave, I dab a little around the outside of the helixes, the lobes and the entrance of the ear canals.

Washes off in the shower and the results are flawless.

I left some on my cheek for several minutes and got a minor chemical burn. So, rinse it off just like it says in the instructions. :)

--Winston

Reply: Nair is nasty stuff. My barber was telling the story of one of his customers telling about a haircut in Cairo, Egypt. the guy asked if he wanted his ear hairs done, and when he said yes, the barber put something in the ear and flamed it, with a quick whoosh, all the ear hair was gone. But I use a rechargeable cutter with changeable blades from Walmart. Works well. Was about $18 a couple years ago.

Reply to
Califbill

(...)

I don't know about 'nasty'...

MSDS says we should not drink it or put it in our eyes.

Sounds reasonable to me.

As long as it is rinsed off after 3 minutes with a few gallons of heated Hydric Acid per instructions, I can't imagine it to be unreasonably hazardous. I haven't experienced any issues with it and it works better than anything else I've tried.

Here's the MSDS for Hydric Acid:

It's a perspective thing. Some folks snip ear hair using a nice sharp pair of scissors.

(That is potentially nasty!)

Just between you and me, the cream sounds safer. :)

Upthread, you see that I use a similar tool for my schnozz.

It works just fine.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Steve, I have a Panasonic ER415 that works well for nose and ears. Ebay has 'em for $13, free shipping. Nice stocking stuffer. Haven't had to replace the battery (batteries? I dunno) yet, though it's been in use for about a year. I use it about once a week.

It says "fully immersible" but I use it dry. Don't intend to find out whether that claim is true. :-)

-- Best -- Terry

Reply to
Terry

That reminds me of the guy in the movie DUNE. Big, heavyset, older guy with three inch whiskers sticking out above his eyes.

Cracked me up, it did.
The Master had some big 'uns, too.

-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

Reply to
Larry Jaques