ER40 Collet Chuck Options?

Anyone have a trusted and reliable source for ER40 collet chucks to mount onto either J3 or J33 tapers? Alternately, I'll take one with a MT2 shank.

I can build the darn thing myself, but I hate to do so for a single item order...

Either that, or tell me if you want one and that way I can build 2+ :)

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Joe,

This might be a good starting point for the chuck :

I suspect that the MT2 would be a better, stronger way to go. The Chuck would then plug direct into the taper, and have much more surface that the J3 or J33 taper.

It might not hurt to ask if they can turn down the shank to an MT2 taper for you.

Good luck! Let us know how you solve this.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

And secondly, turning the MT2 taper, you can use the center already on the shank of the ER40 tool holder. Cutting a J3 / J33 pocket, you lose that support and reference as you cut the pocket.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

The MT2 is preferable by far... And a draw-bar equipped MT2 is even better so I'll check these guys out. I'd love an off-the-shelf option though as I can make this myself if I have to.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Well if you wanted an MT3 taper, it IS off the shelf..

Cross-Slide

There is a MT2 on FleBay

Reply to
Ralph

Joe, Here is one at a very good price.

Steve Lusardi

My ER40 is in MT4 and an R8. MT2 is small for the large ER40's.

Mart> Anyone have a trusted and reliable source for ER40 collet chucks to mount

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

(CLIP)

Steve,

Excellent. I found one too, but if I can grab this one at a fair price, I will.

Thank you.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

By the way, that sure looks like an MT3 or even an MT4... Or it's an ER20 or ER25 style tool holder...

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Joe, I have used this guy many times over the last few years. He often uses a common photo. This is as well, but I know he carries these ER40 chucks in R8, MT4, MT3, MT2, ISO30 and ISO40. He will send you the correct one. Be sure to order the chuck wrench as well. It isn't included. Steve

ER25 style tool holder...

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Thanks Steve. Good to know.

While waiting for the guy to answer the question via eBay, I found a source at $35 each and picked two up elsewhere. Draw-bar equipped also.

I appreciate the original link and the follow-up. It's rare to see that type of friendliness on the net these days without a spam, a political tie in or some offer to enlarge or decrease the size of some portion of my body.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Joe,

All I can do is apologize. Next time I will try to include some politics in there..

Reply to
Cross-Slide

Shame it has to be ER40. I just bought one today for ER25 from Little Machine Shop with 8 collets.

Reply to
Bob La Londe