What is a "audio jack outlet" called?

My CNC probe has a "audio jack" interface, meaning that it is supposed to be plugged in into a audio jack receptacle, like on PCs, laptops
and MP3 players, same type of outlet as used for headphones.
I would like to install a proper "through hull" outlet, but I am not sure how such things are called. I am sure that it is a dime a dozen item.
Again, what I want is a female audio receptacle that mounts on a flat panel.
Thanks
1/4" mono 1/4" stereo 1/8" mono 1/8" stereo
Female 1/4" mono Female 1/4" stereo Female 1/8" mono Female 1/8" stereo
...I think
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com / Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook
V8013-R
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Except it's NOT 1/8", it's 3.5mm.
Graham
Eeyore wrote:

Only in turd world countries where they make substandard 1/8" crap and claim they invented it.
enough left over to pay them.
Bulkhead/panel mount headphone jack, 2.5 or 3.5mm, tip-sleeve (mono) or tip-ring-sleeve (TRS) (stereo), or there's TRRS sometimes too (e.g. iPhone headsets). FYI, jack == female, plug == male, in case you get confused.
Tim
--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

Thanks, I found this digikey item: CP1-3533-ND.
I appreciate it.
Ignoramus24925 wrote:

Glad we could be of help. Now that you've got what you need, we can divert this thread to politics. ;-)
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:01:17 -0500, "Tim Williams"

--
Still top posting, eh?

Tsk,tsk,tsk, bad habits die hard...

How do you identify blind-mate connectors on removeable modules? Both sides mount in a panel.
jsw
Jim Wilkins wrote:

I "see" a joke in there somewhere.
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:14:40 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins

--
The movable connector is the plug.

We top posters save paging down pages of your junk in order to see a word 'YES' or 'No'.
This was and is the standard used due to bandwidth charging ISPS but before hard copy terminals.
Martin - Once a TTY comm person. Lunar Lander on a TTY was a real trip! Adventure was better :-)
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net "Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
On 8/30/2010 5:33 PM, John Fields wrote:

Trim the quotes.
--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
The other issue is printing a single page to get an answer rather than 10 pages of junk to get the page you really want.
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net "Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
On 8/31/2010 3:01 AM, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:

Q: Why is top-posting bad?

A: Because it is counter-intuitive and difficult to read.
--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 07:25:17 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid (Adrian Tuddenham) wrote:

--
You've hit the nail on the head, but that's not top posting.

Top posting would be:
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 22:02:16 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"

--
You top posters generally seem to be an inconsiderate lot who consider
USENET to be their own personal email.

The convention on Usenet is to place your response *underneath* the passage you're replying to -- much like the way your mother can often be found underneath the UPS man.
I couldn't help it
q: "What is a "audio jack outlet" called?"
"Radio Shack"
--
pyotr filipivich
pyotr filipivich wrote: