What is a "audio jack outlet" called?

And the majority of the "pages of junk" *should* have been edited out -- leaving *only* what paragraph or sentence you are replying to -- and perhaps a bit more for context.

If you have to go down to below what you are quoting to reply to, you presumably will notice how much junk there is which needs deleting.

This encouragement to edit is one of the benefits of bottom posting when done right.

Just blindly moving to the bottom of screen after screen of previously quoted text and adding your small addition to the text is

*not* proper bottom posting.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I have a wavemeter & a microwave attenuator with GR-874 fittings. There may be a few other things left, too.

How about 'HN' connectors? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

[ ... ]

Not familiar with those -- at least by that name.

O.K. I think that I've seen them -- but never used them, based on a Google search.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

The only place I've ever seen them used was in an early '50s UHF TV transmitter. I ran across some surplus and pickeD them up. They are similar to 'N' connectors, but have a higher power rating.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You are so darn picky. Do you expect Usenet posters to think or something? 8*)

Reply to
JosephKK

Glad we could be of help. Now that you've got what you need, we can divert this thread to politics. ;-)

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Except it's NOT 1/8", it's 3.5mm.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

You'd better tell manufacturers of the XLR type connector that. The term 'female cable socket' is quite normal.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Don't you always ?

Reply to
Eeyore

An inline interconnection (XLR or otherwise) reverts back to the predominant sex of conductor pins and sockets contained in each bob. The 'bob' with the highest male pin count is the plug, and the predominantly "holey" or "female socket populated" "bob" (connector shell) is the lady of the pair or the JACK, or your precious "socket". I'd almost bet that the use of the term "socket" to refer to any cable or interconnect element is a European etymology thing. Over here, what we call a socket, one screws a light bulb into. You missin' yours?

That inline configuration is "flying lead" style stuff. There are a few added monikers over a panel mounted termination point. Most interconnects connect between hard panel JACKs and mobile, end-of-cable PLUGS, and they get those monikers REGARDLESS of what pins predominantly populate EITHER interconnect half.

Reply to
WallyWallWhackr

Only in turd world countries where they make substandard 1/8" crap and claim they invented it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Why not? You're always trolling, you America hating UK troll.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell