ER40 Collet Chuck Options?

Anyone have a trusted and reliable source for ER40 collet chucks to mount onto either J3 or J33 tapers? Alternately, I'll take one with a MT2 shank.
I can build the darn thing myself, but I hate to do so for a single item order...
Either that, or tell me if you want one and that way I can build 2+ :)
Thank you for any help you can offer.
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com / Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook
V8013-R

Joe,
This might be a good starting point for the chuck :
http://www.maritool.com/Tool-Holders-Straight-Shank-ER40-Straight-Shank/c23_28_179/index.html
I suspect that the MT2 would be a better, stronger way to go. The Chuck would then plug direct into the taper, and have much more surface that the J3 or J33 taper.
It might not hurt to ask if they can turn down the shank to an MT2 taper for you.
Good luck! Let us know how you solve this.

And secondly, turning the MT2 taper, you can use the center already on the shank of the ER40 tool holder. Cutting a J3 / J33 pocket, you lose that support and reference as you cut the pocket.

The MT2 is preferable by far... And a draw-bar equipped MT2 is even better so I'll check these guys out. I'd love an off-the-shelf option though as I can make this myself if I have to.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Well if you wanted an MT3 taper, it IS off the shelf.. http://www.maritool.com/Tool-Holders-Morse-Taper/c23_47/p1392/MORSE-TAPER-%233-COLLET-CHUCK-TOOL-HOLDER-ER40/product_info.html
On 12/8/2010 3:22 PM, Cross-Slide wrote:

http://www.maritool.com/Tool-Holders-Straight-Shank-ER40-Straight-Shank/c23_28_179/index.html
There is a MT2 on FleBay
Joe, Here is one at a very good price. http://cgi.ebay.com/ER40-COLLET-CHUCK-2MT-SHANK-BRAND-NEW-/160515306307?pt=BI_Tool_Work_Holding&hash=item255f753343 Steve

(CLIP)
Steve,
Excellent. I found one too, but if I can grab this one at a fair price, I will.
Thank you.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
Joe, I have used this guy many times over the last few years. He often uses a common photo. This is as well, but I know he carries these ER40 chucks in R8, MT4, MT3, MT2, ISO30 and ISO40. He will send you the correct one. Be sure to order the chuck wrench as well. It isn't included. Steve

Thanks Steve. Good to know.
While waiting for the guy to answer the question via eBay, I found a source at $35 each and picked two up elsewhere. Draw-bar equipped also.
I appreciate the original link and the follow-up. It's rare to see that type of friendliness on the net these days without a spam, a political tie in or some offer to enlarge or decrease the size of some portion of my body.
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com / Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook
V8013-R

Joe,
All I can do is apologize. Next time I will try to include some politics in there..
My ER40 is in MT4 and an R8. MT2 is small for the large ER40's.
Martin
On 12/8/2010 2:17 PM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Shame it has to be ER40. I just bought one today for ER25 from Little Machine Shop with 8 collets.