Recycling Old Watches

Thanks to Don, I have managed, after much trial and ribulation, to put the photos of the watches turned into motorcycles in the dropbox. If anyone is interested go to http://www/metalworking.com, go to "Dropbox Files" and look for files ATT000012 through ATT000072. I think you'll enjoy them.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Looks extremely cute, I love them.

Ignoramus2168

Jim Chandler wrote: > ... go to http://www/metalworking.com [sic]...

Specifically:

Bob Engelhardt

Something wrong with that link???? It goes to a page www.com pedaling web services. Must be an error in the above link. I can't find my link in my address book. ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

try

Ignoramus2168

Interesting! I think that the greatest skill here (in my mind) was looking at the pile of watch parts and seeing just what part of what motorcycle they would become. After that -- it is just a matter of joining them in some appropriate manner. I suspect silver solder or very small welding -- though it could be some kind of adhesive -- possibly an epoxy. Some of the parts would be seriously discolored by sliver soldering or welding temperatures -- except perhaps a small (tweezers style) spot welder.

I can sort of identify most of these -- but in image ATT000042.jpg I find myself wondering what became the exhaust pipes. It almost looks like small ratchet wrench extensions, not watch parts. A little too long in my mind.

Also -- in the first image, for scale is given a coin -- a "Real", and I'm wondering what country that is from. I find only Brazil, though I thought that there were once some other Latin American and Central American countries which used it as well.

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I wondered the same - is it a special edition 1 euro coin perhaps?

Reply to
Dennis

Saudi Arabia uses the Real

Bill Noble

I'd never heard of the Real before.

Looks like the coin is Brazilian as per Don - the pic matches.

Dennis

Thanks you Iggy. THAT works. Wonder what happened to my address that got lost. :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

Suddenly there is nothing listed between:

and
Huh.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

That should be

Sorry for the error.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Not a clear enough view to be sure of the name.

But based on this site:

Iran, Oman, Qatar, and Yemen

use one spelled "Rial" not "Real". (Probably pronounced the same, however. :-)

And Saudi Arabia spells it: "Riyal" -- again, probably pronounced the same.

But given that the markings on the coin used for scale was "Real", it must have been Brazil.

And looking at this site:

it looks like the September 23, 2005 release date.

I wonder why a relatively uncommon coin was used for a scale reference -- unless the artist was in Brazil, in which case it would make perfect sense.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Jim,

I'm going to "steal" those photos and post them up on Facebook. If you mind, reply to this thread and let me know and I'll yank them.

Amazing work!

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

No problem at all, Joe, given that they aren't mine to start with. They seem to be public domain and I think everyone should be able to see that marvelous work. Thanks for checking though.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Ahh... I thought it was your handiwork Jim! Thanks for sharing, etc. Awesome little creations. :)

If anyone wants to see them on a Facebook account you can see them (and friend me!) here along with some other useless stuff I've thrown up there:

Joe AutoDrill

Are you kidding me? I have neither the talent nor patience to do that kind of work. All my work is thrown together with steel and a MIG welder. :-)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler