Animated and Re-animated Metal

I think this guy might be our kind of neighbour.....

Pete

Reply to
Pete Snell

I wonder if I could borrow it to take care of the leaves in my yard?

Reply to
Denis G.

Awwww. I was looking forward to it taking off and flying that little cart into the house. )-;

And the guy wasn't wearing any eye protection? EEk!

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You betcha!

-- Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Neighbors have killed for less.

-- Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I thought that good fans-sees make good neighbors.

Reply to
Denis G.

Your Feynman quote got me interested so I checked out Feynman. What an intersting guy, there is some great stuff on youtube with/about him. Thanks!

Reply to
Dennis

Check out the Feynman biography "Genius" by James Gleick. That was a good read.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I will do. Thanks.

Reply to
Dennis

God'll getcha for that one.

-- Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Incredible engines.. and the "operator" gooses the throttle control like it's a cheap cordless drill.

Here's another demonstration.. hey, where'd the crowd go?

Wild_Bill

--Awesome! I'm thinking he might want to put some better brakes on that trailer; even with that small prop I'll bet it's got a pile of pull when you throttle up... :-)

Reply to
steamer

Also _Certainly You're Joking, Mr. Feynman_.

Highly entertaining!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I'm counting on forgiveness and mercy.

Reply to
Denis G.

thanks - I found an mp3 audio version & grabbed it to listen to sometime.

Reply to
Dennis

Feynman's memoirs ("Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman" and "What Do You Care What Other People Think?") are great reading.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

I gotta hook the speakers up to the new computer.

There is a gent I see at Names each year making progress on single row bristol. I'm looking forwards to hearing it run one of these years.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

That Bristol Mercury project is some very nice metal art. Great surface finish on each part, meticulous workmanship.

I expect that hearing it run will be a thrill.. and the next time, etc.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

It makes me nervous to see that crowd standing at the edge of a large spinning propeller. Maybe they=92ve never heard of centripetal force or metal fatigue. I suppose that disintegrating props don=92t make the front page. Brrr=85.

Reply to
Denis G.

Proly the only Nobelier with a Brooklyn accent. :) Coney Island, iirc.

Also, the Feynman Lectures he did from Berkeley are proly regarded as one of the best expositions on undergrad physics. Still available.

Reply to
Existential Angst