Photoessay on moving a Bridgeport uploaded to the dropbox

I finally got around to writing up my experiences moving a Bridgeport mill last October. It adds to the excellent one that Richard Kinch
did when he moved his. We had quite a discussion regarding what was safe and what wasn't, with some disagreements among some who had done it different ways.
http://metalworking.com/dropbox / Moving_a_Bridgeport_2J_Head_Milling_Machine_2.pdf
Topics covered. A photo essay describing the equipment needed to move a Bridgeport milling machine, One safe way of strapping the machine onto a trailer How to lift it off the trailer HOW TO GET A WIDE TABLE THROUGH A NARROW DOOR Photos from the web of other people's moving experiences.
I uploaded the files Saturday AM, so I don't know when they'll actually appear.
RWL
GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote:

Nice work moving the machine.
One thing that you might have done is to put a piece of plywood in the trailer under the machine. Metal on metal slides easy, wood on metal is much less slippery. This also goes for carrying a machine on a forklift. I saw someone drop a keyseater last week because he had the thing directly on the forks and then hit a bump.
John
On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 10:33:32 -0400, the infamous GeoLane at PTD dot NET <GeoLane at PTD dot NET> scrawled the following:

The URL was broken so I fixed it.

Well done, sir.

It's up now, 2:31PDT.
-- Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything evil, and still more the man who is indifferent to everything. -- Johann K. Lavater
On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 10:33:32 -0400, GeoLane at PTD dot NET <GeoLane at PTD dot NET> wrote:

Very nice. The driveway where this was loaded looks like gravel, if it was I really don't understand why that Hyster didn't bury itself.

Might have been covered with something like Afton stone. We laid Afton stone on our dirt areas where I worked and after a bit of rain and driving over, it made a surface hard enough for lift trucks to operate on.
GeoLane at PTD dot NET writes:

Well done, and documented.
Very nice writeup. Now you know that everything is portable.
On 2009-07-18, GeoLane at PTD dot NET <GeoLane> wrote:

GeoLane at PTD dot NET <GeoLane at PTD dot NET> wrote:

I like how you use a piece of plywood to get the bp over your threshold without damaging it. I'll keep that in memory since my bp is on the other side of a 36" door that wasn't there when I moved the bp in.
Wes