Please help me find GAMN brand chainsaw sharpener or better

All,

I'm looking for a good chainsaw chain sharpener. A mandraulic operated one. Years ago a friend of mine let me borrow his favorite sharpener. It was made by GAMN if my memory is correct. Here's a brief description of the tool and how it is used: The tool has a guide that clamps to the bar and guides the carbide cutter. The cutter resembles a flame shaped burr. The cutting surfaces are longer than a burr though. A crank handle is fastened to the cutter so that the cutter rotates, unlike a file which is pushed. How to use it is below. First it's clamped to the bar. Then the cutting depth and angle is set so that the worst tooth cleans up. Then the tool is set to cut all the depth guides the proper amount Finally the depth guides are cut.

I looked on the web for this tool and it seems that it is no longer being made. Or at least not being made under the same brand name. I don't want an electric saw sharpener and the saw sharpener file guides I've used didn't work very well when I used them. I use to file my chains by hand but nerve damage now makes it very hard for me to keep my cuts with a file consistent. So if anyone knows where to buy one of these, or knows of a product that works well for the clumsy I would really appreciate a source. Thanks, Eric R Snow

Reply to
Eric R Snow