please ID this drill bit

I rather short 5/16" HSS twist drill bit that has a 1/4" shank with a flat notch cut into the shank so that a set screw can secure it.
I would like to get more sizes than just 5/16 but I don't know what this type of bit is called.
The box it came in says Greenfield Industries (now KennaMetal) and I looked in their online catalogs but couldn't find any matches.
Anyone know where I can find more bits like this?
--zeb
Add pictures here
βœ–
Sorry, the first sentence should read "I have a rather...".
Add pictures here
βœ–

It sounds like a pilot bit for a hole saw: the flat is to be engaged by a set screw in the mandrel.
Add pictures here
βœ–
RAM³ wrote:

Or an old bit used in a pot chuck like on a post drill, those are usually 1/2" shank tho ..
GWE

βœ–
I'm pretty sure that's a pilot drill for a hole saw. If you are looking for the flats, I know dewalt sells a set of fractional sizes with 3 flats on the shanks
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 15 Jan 2007 20:32:43 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

If you can't find them, make them.
Bigger bits (assuming you NEED the 1/4 shank) turn &/or gind then shank.
Smaller bits sleeve and then as above.
If all you need is a set-screw flat then look around; three-flat drillbits are not uncommon.
Add pictures here
βœ–
It sounds like thepilot bit for a set of Greenlee punches.
Bob Swinney

Add pictures here
βœ–